Chapter 13

*splash

A man's figure is busily running under the black sky and heavy downpour of the rain. Every step he took on the muddy ground, left a visible footprint. He is aware that he made a big mistake in stepping inside the forest. He is aware that not covering his tracks is dangerous for his current state.

he's like a sheep willingly running inside the tigers mouth, but what can he do more when he is almost running out of blood because of the heavy injury on his shoulder.

The man was thankful enough that the culprits didn't target his legs, otherwise he can't escape like today, or worse. Barely struggling to live.

He breathed heavily.

Different scenarios and thoughts entered inside his mind.

Traces of anger and pain flash in his eyes.

'I can't believe that he's this reckless' the man thought inside his head. 'And I, was not careful enough, how bold of him to commit it inside my chamber. How dare he—'

A sensation of pain appeared again. The man groaned and carefully clutched its shoulder.

He was in deep pain. Very painful that it feels like his shoulder were tearing apart.

He groaned again.

unhooking his cape, then carefully tied it on his left shoulder, to at least stop some of the blood from flowing.

He knows that this isn't enough to his called 'medication' but what can he do in the middle of unknown? It's also very dark and all he can see is tall trees and rarely houses with lights off.

He can't just randomly picked a house, bang their door and asked for help. They would probably scream in shock if they see his bloody and injured figure, then they'll gather his 'pursuers' attention, and that's it. He will be in danger or straight up die.

The man winced in pain and walk for minutes until his feet felt sore and his senses became numb.

At last, he saw a house, its light is still on with the neighboring small houses but their light is completely off.

The villa's atmosphere was very friendly and very off in danger. The man once again contemplated if he will go in or not. He glanced at the house, and strangely, it feels like the house was inviting his presence.

The man wasn't aware that his feet was already moving on it's own until he arrived at the front door of the house.

Before he can even knock on the door, the man vision became blurry, and he instantly collapsed on the ground.

*thud

——-
*thud*

I lifted my head and fixed my sight on the front door.

"Ano yun?"

I put down the nail-cutter and peeled off my face mask. I fixed my night gown and hurriedly arrived at the switch to turn off the lights of my house. I grabbed the thick branch near my door and took a peak outside the door hole.

As I peeked. My heart was racing so fast. Different thoughts drifted inside my head.

'Could it be a burglar'
'A criminal?'
Or worse
'A serial killer?'