Chapter 14

A/N: hi again. I accumulated too much stress last year. too much to the point that writing cannot be my medicine anymore, plus my phone broke and na full strorage but here I am hehe- . 

-

A beautiful pale man was looking through the window. As the warm yellow rays landed on his pale skin, as if blessing the man some energy.

Many times he was woken up by the grandma while she was healing his injury, at first he was startled but later on he was comforted by the old lady. Pinakilala niya ang sarili bilang Aling linda. She was someone unfamiliar to him, adding the unfamiliar setting he was currently in. 

He carefully scanned the surroundings.

The size of the room is average, the wall is painted in cream white and the surrounding furniture  are minimalistic, on top of a small vanity mirror is some hygiene products that you can commonly see that belongs to a girl.

In short this was a common room for the commoners inside the their kingdom, simple and very plain.

but Rafael didn't dislike the plainness, in fact it's very comfortable in the eyes.

as he carefully continue to observe his surroundings

Rafael heard consecutive soft knocks on the door. Two female entered, one was an elderly woman who usually attended his need this following days, and the other one is another unfamiliar appealing white figure, Rafael saw how she neatly ties her hair into a bun.

At first glanced Rafael was almost mesmerized by her beauty, maybe because of her foreign features. Reminds him of people from the east, famous for their sharp and chinky eyes, resembling a wild cat.

but this girl is looking like a tamed cat, seems harmless but in fact, very dangerous.

Aling Linda opened her mouth. "Kamusta na ang iyong pakiramdam iho? Hindi kaba nahihilo o nasusuka? is your lower abdomen feeling alright?" Aling linda spoke in a gentle and concern tone.

I blinked twice, surprised by her gentleness once again. I was used in everyone calculating gaze and snaked like attitude. Feeling new, so I'm little uncertain on what to reply.

Aling Linda amicable smiled at me and held my hand. I sat up straight, she checked something by holding my hand. She continued by saying,

"You need exactly 2 months to rest to be fully healed. Thankfully Rae brought you to me sooner. her executing some small medication at start helps you reduce from losing to much blood, kung hindi ay nabawian kana sana ng buhay iho. You should thank her for saving your life."

My gaze landed on the girl once again. She's standing quietly at the corner while bowing her head down.

like a little tamed cat.

She lifted her head when the grandma mentioned her name, instantly our eyes locked.

oh.

I didn't noticed it clearer when she entered the room, but now seeing her face in much more closer distance, I..

realized that this face,

belongs to my death reaper.

the following scene made my heart beat fluctuate.

oh God.

My death reaper smiled.

--

Amethyst didn't seems to notice the high level abnormality of Raphael's gaze, and only saw through a thin layer. 

She smiled shyly while being oblivious that she actually scared the noble young man shitless.

Nakakahiya. I'm very worried about his gaze. Does he recognized her? Natatandaan niya bag sinipa-sipa ko siya sa tagiliran? Obviously, judging of his gaze is a big YES!

Sweats starts to form on her forehead.

hopefully he won't kill me on the spot and implicate problems kay aling Linda. 

This young man look promising? siguro pwede pa namin to madaan sa masinsinan na usapan? no? Okay I screwed up, but wait? what can a injured man do? I can still turn the tide,  so calm down amy.

I heaved a sign.

I should have kill him that night- 

My dark thoughts were interrupted when Aling Linda tugged the side of my shirt. I began to clear my thoughts and smiled more warmer.

look oh, I'm just a harmless fragile girl. Please don't kill me.

Aling Linda still didn't get a respond from him for the second time, on second thought. I was wondering if napipi ito or na trauma kaya di makapag salita. It's possible. Someone is after your life, so obviously you'll be very shock to the point na mag ma-malfunction katawan mo.

Aling Linda once again spoke, this time in much more gentler tone. "Don't force yourself iho, kung hindi mo pa kaya mag salita, take your time. Hindi na ako mag tatanong pa kung ano ang totoong nangyari. Focus on preserving your health, Rae will take care of you."

Even though I'm busy during the day sa coffee shop. I can still make amends to take care of him. Isa pa- ehem

I'd love  to take care someone na pogi.

ah going back to my previous thoughts, I now pity him again.

I nodded my head in respond and added "You're safe here. People inside this town rarely go out to the capital unless it's important, but despite of that, they are very welcoming to foreign people like us."

Aling Linda nodded.

The young noble man blink twice. After sorting out his thought. Shaking his head as he waved his hands to clear their misunderstandings.

he cleared his throat and spoke in a weak voice. 

"I'm fine, thank you for the concern. I was little perplexed a while ago and still adjusting to my condition. I hope you don't mind me for troubling you two."

damn, pati boses ampogi 

Alinda Linda closed her eyes and nodded as if acknowledging his wish.

they talk a little more about his condition and I continue to shrink back at the corner. It's still not confirm whether he identify me as someone who's dangerous, so It's better to just  support on the side. lowkey kumbaga.

Aling Linda ask me serve the soup we made this morning. Dali-dali naman akong lumabas at nag prepara. nilapag ko eto sa maliit na lamesa sa gilid ng hinihigaan niya, for the whole time I made sure to lower my gaze and didn't made an eye contact to him.

after their small talk, we get to know his name.

Rafa.

Contrary to his elegant vibes and sharp features, his name seems-dull and feminine.

in short, di bagay, inappropriate! What kind of parents would name their son Rafa? hello? May turnilo ata kayo sa utak. 

Drown by my thoughts, I didn't notice that aling Linda was preparing to leave. I just unconsciously replied yes to every words she's saying to me.

and soon I just found myself in an awkward and uncomfortable space with this rafa guy.

Despite my nervous feelings, I smiled widely at him while thinking.

'the kitchen is 5 steps away, if he make any suspicious move, I'll ran fast and take my shovel or any dangerous object I see and directly smack his head down' 

Yes, what a simple and great plan.