Phone Call

RENEE'S P.O.V
It was late and I was tired I was taking the train back to my home in Harlem. I couldn't wait to tell Anya about Mar!
I did the usually and yelled "Daddy's homeeeeee!" And we greeted each other.
"Girllllll lemme tell youuuu!" I said
And she already knew I had somewhat some good news.
"Put me on!" Yelled Anya.
"So I was walking into Maimonides when I was this sexy ass chocolate nigga! Now I always see fine guys there but girl when I tell you he WAS FINE! Long story short, we had a mini chat and I gave him my number and a hug and he should be calling me in a little while. Now Anya you know I don't do shit like this but girl he just felt and looked different."
"Awwww Nayyyyyy you finally found you a darkskin Papí you wanted huh?" Anya said
"Chill Anya don't rush it, I barely know this man but the goal is to get to know him before I wanna claim him so he's not my darkskin Papí YET." I said laughing
"RIGHT! Anyways remember our rule!" Said Anya
"Fuck Niggas, get money!" We sang together laughing at the same time.
That was our number one rule was not to trust these men and focus on getting our money and achieving our goals. And just to empower each other instead of always being in competition. Then my phone started ringing! Uh oh what if it's Mar! It was a Brooklyn area code so I figured It was him. I answered tryna sound sexy.
"Hello?"
"Yes, Nurse Belle? it's Doctor Cortez from Maimonides Hospital we need you to come in tomorrow to cover for Kevin we only need you to do two hours, if you do we'll give you a pay raise hun."
I was pissed it was just my job I was hyped for nothing. But it's perfectly fine if my pay check is gonna be growing then I'll do the job plus I love what I do so shopping with Anya will have to wait.
"Okay just two hours?" I asked
"Yes maim." Said doctor Cortez
"Okay I'll be there tomorrow see you then and tell Kevin he owes me!" I said in my nice person voice. I always switch up my slang and accent when I got to work to seem more professional but when I'm outta there the Harlem comes out!
"Anyways girl so-" Anya was interrupted by my phone ringing again. It was a Brooklyn area code. Was it Amaru or Maimonides again? Let's see.
"Hello?"
"Yo, Nurse Nay? Or did she give me a fake numba"
I laughed, yea it was Mar.
"No this is my number silly! And I'm not at work anymore so you can call me Renee please." I said
"Ok Renee, I'm sorry. When I left the hospital I couldn't stop thinking bout your beautiful smile, I would love to see it again ma." He said
"Aw thank you. And oh you wanna see me smile again? Ummm-" he interrupted me
"You work tomorrow?" He asked
"Yea only for two hours tho." I answered
"Well that's all I needed to hear I'm gonna come see you tomorrow and I wanna take you on a date afterwards." He said
Damnnn he's being too nice he wants more than a date, that's how most guys are.
"Just a date?" I asked
He replied,"Yes just a date ma, I know your prolly thinking that I'm tryna get in your pants and all but I'm telling you my thot days are over dropped all my hoes a while ago, I back my shits up so don't stress ya self. My thottie days are over but not my thugging ones I'm just warning you I'm a gentlemen and all but I'm also a Brooklyn boy so you know how that goes..."
We talked on the phone for hoursssssss, Anya listenedto most of our conversation but ended up falling asleep. She approved I always need my best friends opinion on something. And I approved of this Brooklyn boy too. I don't wanna move too fast but our phone conversation made me so happy. Although I'm a Scorpio and he's a Gemini we have A LOT in common. I'm really feeling this dude.