Nothing Good

Kaibara was pissed, to think that the quirkless boy managed to get a girlfriend before he really hurt his pride. And to add insult to injury, he was with fucking URARAKA, the cutest girl in the school.

"Common dude, why don't you give that jerk a lesson," said one of his friends. "Scare him off one good time, and I'm sure he'll get out of the way. Then she won't resist your amazing charm.

Kaibara however, wasn't too keen on this idea. "Yeah, if she doesn't beat the crap out of me first."

"Are you scared of a girl," mocked another of his friend.

"Hey, you weren't there when she drove Sato's face through a table," he defended himself. "Seriously, she is pretty tasty with her fists and territorial regarding him."

The group continued to walk toward their home until they split up, wished each other good night. Kaibara, with a sight, continued to walk to his home, thinking. "Guess I'll have to find someone else. But damn what a chick I just missed, so humiliating."

"You okay?"

The brown-haired teen turned around to face the person talking to him and saw a purple-haired teen. 

"What do you want?"

"Nothing, it's just that you look down. So I was wondering what is bothering you."

"Tsch, nothing that concerned you." Kaibara was about to leave when the stranger interpellated him again.

"Does it has anything to do with a certain green quirkless kid?"

This stoped the brown-haired teen, "How do you know?"

"Well, he lives at the same orphanage as me, so you can say I know him pretty well."

"Okay, where are you going with all that," replied Kaibara, getting annoyed by the stranger stalling.

"So I know that he managed to himself a girlfriend. How he did this is beyond me, but I want to help you open her eyes."

"But why would you meddle yourself in other businesses," asked Kaibara, still suspicious about the other teen. 

"Because, she clearly wouldn't be happy with that loser. She would be so much better with someone else, like you for example."

Kaibara thought for a moment before replying, "sure, but how do you plan on breaking them up anyway. She won't budge from the quirkless, trust me many have tried."

The purple-haired teen smiled, "you are taking it the wrong way. He is the weak link in the story, the one that will easily break."

"Do you think I am that stupid. Uraraka defends him quite fiercely, so we can't really do anything to him."

"For that, I have a plan. Would you go along with me?"

"Hum, tell me about it, then I'll see."

Izuku was in his room working on his online classes in Programmation. He managed to convince the orphanage to cover the expense for them, stating that Informatique was one of the rare careers relatively open to quirkless. Quirks that could directly alter and change computer codes were extremely rare, so companies usually don't bother checking this.

At first, it was quite challenging, but he overcame the initial challenge thanks to his stubbornness. He quickly found out that he was actually quite good at it and could easily understand the common functions. Of course, he wasn't a genius of any sort and remembering every code line possible was virtually impossible, but that didn't stop him from doing well. The orphanage even started to employ him to solve their basic computer issues. In return, he was given better material to work with on his own.

"And done," as he finished his project, which consists of creating a basic homepage wedsite. After reviewing everything, making sure the page was properly working, he sent it to his instructor. He lay down on his bed, mentally exhausted by his task. That didn't stop him from being happy about himself. For once in his life, he felt as he was achieving something important. He then turned his head to his calendar to check his next due date.

It was at this moment that he saw it, 'Death Day" written in red. It was supposed to be two weeks ago, but he completely missed it. "I came a long way from back then," he joked to himself. 

He reflected back on how he was a few months ago. Without ambitions or interest, not even having the will to live. And now, he finally had plans for his future, something to live up for. Heck, he even managed to be with the girl of his dreams. Of course, the bullying at the orphanage was still present, but it was easier to endure. The insults seemed less real to him, like he moved above them now.

He looked at the time and widened his eye, "shit, I'm going to be late." He jumped out of his bed and jumped out of the window, running to meet a certain brunet.

Ochako was leaving her martial art class with Gunhead alongside Ojiro, another student she befriends. Although shy, he was very nice to hang out with. She was also helping him with his massive crush on Gnhead's daughter Toru Hagakure. 

"I'm telling you Ojiro, you should confess to her at one point. I know it is nerve-racking, but it ended up working quite well for me."

"Wait, you have a boyfriend?"

"Yes, we've been together for a month now."

"Damn, lucky you, I wished I had the same amount of courage as you."

"Pfft- I almost chicken out at the last moment, but some idiots tried to make a move on me, so I finally went with it."

"That sounds about right," laughed Ojiro, "by the way you did your father took the news."

"Actually quite well, Izuku and I knew each other from a few years back, and my parents were already fond of him." She then looked at her watch, "CRAP! I'm going to be late." She started running off, "see you tomorrow."

"Bye, good luck with your charming prince!"

Ochako ran all the way back home and took a quick shower before dressing up for her date with Izuku. Her mother entered the room to check up on her daughter.

"What is the hurry sweety?"

"I have to be at the park in 10 minutes."

"I presume this has something to do with Midoriya?"

"Yes, and I don't want to be late."

Ochako's mother noticed that her daughter was tensed, "are you okay? It seems that something is bothering you?"

Ochako stopped for a moment, "n- actually yes. There is something I need to check up with Izuku, but I'm afraid this is going to be a bit touchy for him."

"Is there a problem between the both of you?"

"It is not exactly with him, but about his mother. I haven't seen her ever since when reunited, and I have an idea why but I want to check up with him first."

"Okay, have fun. And don't forget your key just in case."

The brunet picked up her key and left the apartment. After walking at a fast past in the streets, she finally reached the park where she was supposed to meet Izuku. "Right on time," she exclaimed, waiting for her boyfriend, who should arrive at any minute now. She had soo much to tell him, begging with what happened to his mother and why he hid it.

"Excuse me, can you indicate to me the direction of the train station," asked a voice behind her.

"Yes sure, it is-" she suddenly froze, unable to move a muscle. Shinso was standing in front of her with a devilish grin.

The first arc of Same But Different is almost over. I hope you like the story so far because this conclusion will be, flamboyant.