Meet And Greet

Warning: Swear Words.

       Drops of some sort of particle or liquid, floated over my face when I had opened my eyes. Disoriented, I lay there watching them until my chamber opened, moving backwards until a person came over to check up on me.
       "We're here?" I ask, the woman floating above me nods her head with a smile. She then moved on with the others, which were in the same nurse-like uniform.
       "You've been in cryo for five years, nine months and 22 days. You will be hungry, you will be weak. If you feel nausea please use the sacks provided for your convenience, the staff thanks you in advance." A male's voice called out to everyone, who had come out of their sections. I quickly float up towards my locker. Which read, 'Black S.'
       Looking around, I spot a guy near me. He was making his way up to his own locker, which reads, 'Sully T.' I found myself curious. Grabbing what I had in my locker, I pushed myself over towards him.
       "Hey! I'm Sabelle Black, are you excited to get on solid ground?" I asked questioningly, watching him turn around to see who had spoken to him. He looked momentarily stunned when he got a good look at me, which made me laugh; Snapping him out of his ogling.
       "I could kiss the ground if I was allowed to." He mused with a slight smirk, holding out his hand for me to take.
       "Jake, Jake Sully. Hope you don't mind making friends with a cripple." He added as we shook hands. The name made my heart hurt a bit, as it reminded me of my father's nickname. 'God I miss him...' I thought to myself. Luckily, I had masked any negative emotion with ease, as to not worry Jake, or make him feel like he said something wrong.
       "Just because you're different, it doesn't mean you should be avoided. Consider me your first friend here in our new life. By the way, that was my father's nickname." I smiled, wrapping my arm around his shoulder.
       "Thanks, and I wouldn't mind that. It was? Well I hope he was a good man." He chuckled as he watched me.
       "He was the best." I replied, before hearing other conversations going on around the place. Turning around, I spotted everyone heading off in a certain direction.
       "Grab your stuff so we can go, before we're left behind." I spoke up, receiving a quick nod in return, before we floated over to the rest of the group.

Up ahead, was Pandora...

       "Exo-Packs on! Let's go, exo-packs on!" Voices repeated around the spacecraft. I was sitting next to Jake, and I pulled on my mask as ordered, even though I didn't need it. I didn't need to breathe like a normal human; Part of the vampire quirks I have.
       "Remember people, you lose that mask, you're unconscious in 20 seconds, you're dead in four minutes. Let nobody be dead today, looks very bad on my report!" A man walked past us when Jake was pulling on his own mask. I had been excited for the landing, it was so similar to a normal plane back in the old days.

       Feeling the landing, I turned to Jake with a quick grin, before orders were quickly shouted out to our group.
       "Harnesses off! Get your Packs. Put it together, let's go! Let's go! Harnesses off!"
       "One minute!" The voices of the lead men shout, though I remained seated so I would be able to walk with Jake, not wanting to lose a familiar face.
       "When the ramp comes down, go directly to the base. Do not stop! Go straight inside. Wait for my mark!" The man speaking was up front, though he quieted down and looked at the lowering ramp. After it made contact with the ground, he began shouting orders.
       "Go, go, go, go! Get out of there! Keep moving! Let's go, let's go! Go directly inside!"
     Looking at Jake, I fell into step with how fast he moved his wheelchair. I offered to hold his bag, though he kindly refused. I only shook my head, and pulled it onto my shoulder. When I glanced at his surprised, but thankful expression, we headed out together.
       "Let's go, special case! Do not make me wait for you! Don't make me wait for you too, girlie!" The same man shouting orders earlier, spoke out.
       "Have some respect, he had to keep out of the way for the others, to not slow them down. Give him some credit, he has to work harder than you." I retort with a glare, ignoring the man's look of disbelief, as we passed him to catch up with the others.
       "Check this out, man. Meals on Wheels." A voice caught my attention, and I turned to look at the culprit, glaring at the figure in the distance, with his two pals.
       "Aw man, that is just wrong. But hey, look at that piece of meat with him. I'd tap that easily." Baldy spoke up with a smirk. It took me a lot of willpower not to throw them the bird, but they'd be suspicious if they suddenly saw me throw it, just after those comments about us. Which would have been too far for us to hear.
       People ran past Jake and I, and a giant yellow machine rolled in front of us. The giant wheels having arrows with colorful fletching, stuck into them. We both cast a curious look at each other.