New Bodies

Warning: Swear Words.

That night, I was visited by someone. Her voice was so gentle, yet demanded respect. That's how I knew, that Eywa, had visited me.

"You are much different than the rest, little one." She had said, curious about my lineage, and abilities. She already knew everything.
       "I am, but i'm here to have a new life, away from the corruption of my home planet. Unfortunately, they are only beginning the same treatment here. I don't want them to kill off the life here too." I had expressed my worries, but yet her figure's glow only brightened.
"Do not fret little one, we won't let them get far." She reassured me, countering the worries that plagued my head. Though, I had a single question for her to answer.
"We? What do you mean by that?" I had questioned her response.
"When I say 'we,' i'm saying that we'll work together to protect my children." She had answered, having caught my interest quite quickly.

Though I wondered if that was only a dream, where i'd wake up as if nothing even happened. She told me not to worry, and vaguely explained that she will take care of everything. I has no place to question her on that, she knew what was best I suppose.

"So, how much link time have you logged?" Grace asked us as we entered the link room, Doctors rushing around to get everything ready.
"Uh, about 520 hours." Came Norm's reply.
"540 hours." Was my own response as I walked beside her. It wasn't really that bad.
"That's good." Grace mused as she looked away, telling us which link was ours, before she paused, and looked at me.
"Sabelle? Your avatar had...changed last night, we don't know what happened, but please be careful, just in case. Tell us if something doesn't feel right, immediately." She warned, before she and Jake went over to his link. Interested, I walked over to my own, and got ready.
I snicker quietly when Grace asked for how much time Jake had logged, only for him to respond with, 'zip. But I read a manual.' Her expression was anything but amused.
The doctor helped with getting the machinery started, and both Norm and I laid down comfortably in our links. My body was trembling from how excited I was, but I made sure to follow instructions of keeping arms in, and my head down. I smiled as the assistant explained, that all i'd have to do, was relax, and let my mind go blank.
When they closed the lid of the link, I took a deep breathe, and glanced around the inside of it, before closing my eyes. When trying to focus on nothing, to let my mind go calm, I caught Max geeking out over our 'gorgeous brains.' Commenting on how active mine was, more than the rest. I ignored it for now.

When I opened by eyes, everything around me was quite blurry, but I could make out two figures looking down at me. In an instant, my vision came back, and I could hear perfectly well. Surprisingly my vampire traits were showing through in this body.
I focused back on the pair looking at me, and listened to their questions as they shined a light into my eyes. They commented on my quick responses, and then smiled.
"How you feeling, Belle?" The man hovering over my form asked, to which I smiled at, and slowly sat up to test out my new body a bit.
"Hey guys, I'm feeling great!" I replied as I looked at my hands, surprised to see that my skin, was a dark, beautiful blue color. Darker than what I had last seen it as, but I LOVE it!
When I turned my hand, I felt my braided hair l slip over my shoulder. What surprised me was the color change, my hair was now white! It was just as white as freshly fallen snow, and it was also very shiny too.
"Wow, Grace was right about my avatar's body changing...even the white luminescent dots on me, are much brighter, because of how dark the blue of my skin had gotten." I grinned as I looked at the people who were in charge of me, for now.
"Wait till you see your eyes, they are the same brown as yours are from your actual body." The woman near me, had added with a grin. I followed instructions carefully, touching the pads of my fingers and thumb together, and smiling when I felt no problems with this body.
Suddenly, there was commotion going on to my right. I look over to see Jake standing up, while his caretakers were panicking over it. Overdramatic they were...
'Don't they see that this was the first time, that he has ever walked, in years? Sure, he's getting a little out of hand, but you don't need to sedate him from him being excited to use his legs again! Then again, they wouldn't want him to hurt his avatar. Or anyone else, but still!' I thought to myself. I was happy that Jake could finally use his legs again, to be able to walk and run, etc.
Abruptly, Jake went for the exit, and I laughed as I saw his bare ass.
'That dude should have thought over what he was wearing.' I internally snicker, before I looked over at my caretakers, ignoring that Norm was rushing out after our friend.
I finished my examination, and they gave me proper clothes to change into, before I had left the room. Excitedly, I finally rushed out, careful not to go too fast, in case more of my abnormal traits were to shine through, in my avatar body.
I quickly caught up to my friends, and saw them munching on a purple, pandoran fruit, with Grace smiling at them.
"Guys you should head inside, nobody wants to see your bare blue asses, that are out for everyone to see." I joked, laughing as I saw Norm's mortified, and embarrassed expression. Of course Jake could care less, only giving me a cheeky grin.

A/n: Hey guys!! Sorry for the delay! I was on vacation in Montana, and I came how to prepare to get my first job! Yay!! Soon I'll get my first car, too! I couldn't get one last year because of COVID + overprotective parent. Been quite busy. Now I'm back and ready to go! Hope you liked this chapter!