Oh Sugar Honey Ice Tea...

Warning: Brief Swearing.

       We were awake in containment, and I had no ounce of energy to hit through the glass to get out. All of us were just numb, and in shock, from what we had experienced and seen.
       I heard someone approach, and the guy watching us turned to look at his right. I smiled when I heard that it was Trudy.
       "What's going on brother? Long time no see." She smiled as she rolled a trolly in.
       "Hey." Was his response as he got up, and walked over to her. Meeting Trudy in the middle, as she continued to talk.
       "Personally, I don't feel like tree-huggin' traitors deserve steak." She mused, drawing in the bait.
       "They get steak? That's bullshit. Let me see that." The guy bent down to check the compartment, but Trudy walked around and pulled out a gun, pressing it against the back of his head quickly.
       "Yeah. You know what this is. Down." She ordered, forcing him down to the ground.
       "Trudy!" Norm grinned, and I looked between the two. They smelled like each other almost. 'Ah, I see what's going on.' I thought about it.
       "All the way down," Trudy continued, before she bashed the gun against the guy's head, knocking him unconscious.
       "MAX!" She shouts, and the doctor ran in and unlocked our holding cell. We moved out and quickly headed out to escape.
       "Trudy, fire up the ship! Go!" Jake ordered, having Norm go with her, and she handed my friend a gun. After they headed off ahead of us, we soon arrived at where we needed to be, but Jake stopped Max, putting a hand on his shoulder.
       "Max, stay here. I need someone on the inside I can trust." He said, and Amazon nodded.
       "Okay. Go." He moved him out and we went to go put on our masks, though there were only two left. They both looked at me and I smiled, shoving the masks into their hands, not giving them time to argue.
       "Don't worry about me, I don't need it right now, but if it makes you feel better, I'm sure there's masks with Trudy in Samson 1-6. I'll explain later." I smirked softly, watching them put their masks on and head out, while I followed.
       "Cmon! I'm taking fire! Let's go!" Trudy yelled as we got Jake to roll on board, and I forced Grace and Norm up with his wheelchair. I had heard Quaritch heading to the exit earlier, and the clink of s gun being grabbed. The bullets were narrowly missing Trudy as I hopped in and we lifted off.
       Quaritch continued firing, and I saw a single bullet heading straight for Grace. I may have hard skin, but it doesn't mean I'm not vulnerable to bullets.
       I subtly moved and took the shot instead of Grace, pain shooting up my back. I ignored it for now, and cursed my parents for not giving me their super advanced healing. Mine was decent, but then the bullet would be covered with skin, which I was lucky to not have happen.
       Jake and the others cheered as we escaped, and I smiled briefly as I leaned against Grace, sitting beside her as she put an oxygen mask on my face.
       She wraps an arm around my midriff, yet I noticed her pause. Grace pulled her arm back to see blood coating it.
       "Crap..." She hissed as she forced me to turn around, and I looked back at her. Jake turns to us with a grin, but it drops as he sees my injury.
       "Sabelle is hit!" Jake warned Trudy, as he and Norm rushed over to us. Said woman turned her head to look back.
       "What?!" She asked in disbelief, as Jake grabbed Norm's cover up, and used it to apply pressure over the wound. I swatted at him in discomfort, but he ignored it.
       "Get the trauma kit." He ordered Norm, who rushed to look for it.
       "Trauma kit!" Norm shouts, and Trudy notified that it was forward on the bulkhead. Jake turned to me worriedly.
       "Jake, Jake I'll be fine. I'm tougher than I look." I laughed, but halted my actions and grit my teeth together.
       "Ow..." I mumbled, and Jake cracked a smile.

       We were soon in the link module, being brought to a hidden location so it was safe from Quaritch. They said that they wouldn't be able to track us far inside the Vortex, that was a relief.
       "Just keep going north. Get us deep in the mountains." Jake explains, before he rolled over to Norm's link to check on him, seeing as he was in his Avatar. Being up top, holding onto a cable outside while Trudy flew. Grace sat next to me, as I was just laying in her link, head on a pillow, and wrapped in a blanket.
       Jake managed to get the bullet out and see over the wound. Grace had cleaned and bandaged it. I felt tired, and nothing felt too bad. The injury was sore of course, but I could handle it.
       Jake didn't agree, so he came over and tried to give me a shot of morphine. I chuckled half heartedly when the needle broke when he tried injecting it.
       "Sorry Jake, that's not gonna work on me." I mildly smirk, and he scoffed quietly.
       "We're gonna get you some help, Sabelle. The people can help you. I know it." He said confidently, though I shook my head softly.
       "They would, but they don't let any of us near their sanctuary." I reminded him, playfully nudging my fist against his cheek, and he lightly pushed it away with an amused smile.
       "Jake. I'm not planning on dying anytime soon. Plus, this bullet was meant to hit Grace. Grace, you're like a mother to me now, I couldn't let you die." I smiled meekly at her, who gawker at me in disbelief.
       "You took that for me?" She rasped, clasping one of my hands in hers, the other cupping my cheek.
       "Of course I did. Nobody is dying on my watch." I grinned cheekily, enjoying their smiles as well.