Reality

3rd pov

The new Digidestined are not accepting the reality of the Digital world and that is because they have not been forced to. T.K had been forced to live and move and fight just to survive for the entire year (give or take ) that he was there, and Kari had only had about 6 or so months that she joined them. She still has a better time accepting the reality of the Digital world than the newbies. 

T.K has literally nothing against Davis, Cody or Yolei, but they have no idea what they are getting into, and are entirely too enthusiastic to acknowledge some parts of the Digi world and ignore the others. T.K had taken his concern to the original Digidestined, hoping they might be able to help, but at the time none of them had any idea on how to get the new kids to understand without hurting someone or something and that is not the way they are going to go about this. 

Kari, while concerned, has no idea why T.K is so adamant about the new kids learning the reality of the Digi world. Sure, the bruises, aches and sores are not fun, having to kill Digimon that are just evil is not the greatest feeling and the food there doesn't taste the best, but that's not stuff they need to know ( she's fully aware they already know about the bruises) and she is actually trying to stop T.K. There's no need to force them to understand so soon.

This silent argument and "war" continues for weeks, T.K trying to help before they are forced to do something in a life or death situation and get dragged into the depths of despair, and Kari only partially understanding what the reality is and fighting him on it every step of the way. Any time he thinks he's made even a bit of progress, Kari manages to undo it within minutes while it took days to get even that bit of progress. Despite that, T.K continues to try, knowing he's in the right.

It's not often that any of the new Digidestined or even Kari herself remember, but T.K had been in the Digital world for far longer than her and understands it in a way she can not, since she joined after the group had gotten pretty good at finding shelter, food and anything else they might need, unlike in the beginning when they were learning as they went. That was not a fun time, but they managed. He had learned right alongside the others, to forage and shelter, when to run and when to attack, when to befriend and when to attack first. He had learned what signs meant from a digimon and he had learned a lot about the injuries they could get in the Digi world.

The entire original group have pretty extensive first aid and some medical knowledge, enough to deal with broken bones, heat, cold, punctures, scrapes, bruises, wrapping these, setting them, giving as much comfort as possible, on both themselves and Digimon. They had learned the rather hard way that injuries over here hurt far more than in the real world, since being data meant having your entire body reconfigured and it heightens everything, so the body can contain the power of the crest in a more physical way. 

They'd been going to the Digi world for months at this point, ( Ken having joined their side recently and joining them) the original group having come with them - even Mimi, who's debating moving back to Japan and is visiting - and they're having fun, the original group all messing around or relaxing under the trees, while the new kids are doing the best they can to forage as the original group asked. They had been told not to bring food and then that they were going to have to forage. T.K and Kari are with them, T.K picking and grabbing things he knows are good and making sure to steer them away from anything bad but no more, while Kari is getting far more in depth...when she can. 

Davis, Cody and Yolei are confused - both because the other 3 in their group are so good at this and because why do they need to forage? They can just bring food - but go along with the task, avoiding anything they are told to and trying their damnedest to remember everything that they're told, though it's a bit too much at once. Ken stands by T.K - both their arms full of their collecting - and grins as he watches the others try to follow along, he can practically see the swirls coming from each of them as they get lost or confused. He turns to the blonde next to him when he hears him sigh.