Digivolving

3rd pov

There is no reason for the Digidestined to know or ever discover that they can, under certain circumstances and with a strong enough bond, digivolve someone else's digimon. The original group is never in enough trouble to ever need to do this - they get close several times and Gennai was certain they would find out, but it never happened - and so the secret remains, or at least Gennai thinks it does. In truth, T.K had long since found out that he could digivolve the others digimon and told his brother, who thinking the information could be helpful, had gone to Tai who had announced it to the rest of the group. They had never needed to digivolve someone else's digimon, but they at least knew the possibility existed as a back up plan.

The second generation do not know, at this point if only because Davis will never let T.K get enough space in order to explain or say anything of the likes when they're hanging out, so it never comes out. The older group had tried to help, but Davis was just as likely to somehow cut them off or never let them speak as he was T.K or any of the others. It's not that he was trying to be rude, but something in Davis' gut says what they want to say will change everything, and after just getting Ken settled in the team, that seems dangerous, so he refuses to hear it. 

None of the older group are all that surprised to get emails and questions asking why this happened, and how and what or even just question marks. However, Ken is the one to ask the relevant question. Since neither T.K or Davis has said anything, the older group are assuming T.K passed out and Davis was knocked out, thus what caused the entire situation. Though some of them are surprised he did it with Davis and not, Kari or even Yolei. 

Ken : It is possible for us to DNA digivolve with other people or digivolve other people's digimon. Why were we not told of this? This would have been useful to know.

Joe : As you see, the only way to use it is if the bond between the people is strong enough, and on top of that, the effect is has is not something we know because it was out last back up plan and we never had to use it. T.K must've been desperate to use that method.

Yolei : Not gonna lie, pretty sure we might've died if T.K had not done that. We were all pretty beat up and most of the digimon lacked the energy to digivolve or DNA digivolve again. Only Veemon and Patamon had enough to go, but Davis was knocked out and still is. 

Sora : There's your answer. T.K did it to protect you. He must be suffering from the effects, or else he would've answered these questions himself or even just written something in the chat. Joe, you may want to go over there.

Kari :  He's not there. He's at Davis' place. After the digivolution timed out, we left pretty soon after and T.K collapsed, but not before he got his hand around Davis' wrist. We can't get him to let go, so we just brought him to Davis' house. He seems ok, but he's also unconscious and there doesn't appear to be a reason why.

Patamon : He is suffering. Trying to sustain the digivolution alone exhausted him, but doing it with someone that is not his original partner and keeping both up at the same time? It took almost all he had. Not gonna lie, even I wasn't sure that he was going to be able to hold the strength long enough for us to win, but he managed. However, he's pretty much empty for Hope power and his body was never meant to be so low, so he's resting for now. I think.

Matt : You think?

Agumon : Well, we've never had to do anything like that either, so the fact that Patamon knows anything is great. We don't know any more than you do. That's not something we ever had to before you guys arrived and we certainly couldn't digivolve before you got here either, so it's not like it was an option or anything for us.

Palmon : They're right. We know nothing of this and if T.K hadn't pointed out that he could feel the connection in the first point, I don't think we would've ever known about this as a back up plan of any kind at all either. We were certainly not aware that the Digidestined could digivolve other Digidestined digimon. That was new to us and still is.