Magic

3rd pov

There is no person who does not know of the existence of magic. Not all of them like to use it, can use it or believe in it, but it exists and everyone acknowledges at the very least that. The people who can use magic are always marked in some way - almost as if they are born with a tattoo - but sometimes mistakes happen. All of the Digidestined are magical people, every last one of them. Their powers range as does the level of control they have on it, but they are all magical people. Honestly, they had never expected to use their magic as much as they do, so going to the digital world has vastly improved their magic containers. 

 Every person who can use magic has a magic container, a limit to how much their body can hold that is able to be gradually expanded over periods of time where they use magic constantly. Having to fight for their lives and protect each other, the Digidestined magical containers are huge in comparison to the average persons' simply because they actually use them unlike most people nowadays. There are a ton of different types of magic, ranging from elemental to legendary. The legendary class ones are magics that are literally so old they are considered legends because so much time passes between each person holding that power. 

Now, the Digidestined are not legendary children, but they all certainly hold unusual magic. Mimi has a magic that stores things without a limit, which came useful so many times they lost count and eventually thanking her for something was just habit. Joe carries a wind magic, that allows him to do a great deal of things though he most commonly shielded them from harm with it. Izzy has magic that let's him view everything in a world like a video game, with little icons appearing to show him a safe area or a hostile and different stickers for plants, fruits and other things they can(or can't) eat. Sora can summon any number of weapons from a space only she has access to, which allows her to both protect and attack, something everyone is grateful for. 

Matt carries a magic that is considered dark despite it really not being. He can summon back those who have passed - or at least a ghost almost like them - and asks for their help. He never demands or forces them to, they don't even have to answer his calling, but those that do are asked for things and they are happy to do it. Tai holds earth magic, allowing him to attack, shield and move people, along with a number of other things. T.K, to everyone's knowledge had no idea what his magic was and had never shown a sign of having any magic, as is shown by the lack of a mark anywhere on his body. The Digidestined and digimon take this into account and morph their plans around T.K, since he is technically powerless in a dangerous place where they can not always come to his aid if he requires it. (Sure as hell won't stop them, but that doesn't mean they'll always make it and they know it, so they continue to change plans for him.)

When Kari joins them, they wait a bit and discover that her magic happens to be dangerous as well. At first glance, her magic appears to be nothing at all, just a wall, something to block an attack or enemy, but if the wall is touched, it burns, hot enough for at least 3rd degree if not worse. Her magic is fire, and the only reason it's a wall is because that was the first shape she could think of to morph it in to - she can change it's shape and has wielded a sword made of fire (Tai was so jealous)  - so she is added to the plans, which continue to work around T.K.

T.K himself knows his magic and what it does, know it's considered a legendary class since it's so destructive and rare, but he has never had a need to use it - he tapped into it when Angemon first digivolved, but stopped out of shock - and so the most he can do is be subtle. He refuses to be weaker just because he can not completely access or use his power without a clear area. So, he sometimes summons a little ball of light to launch at enemies, or to light a way on the rare times he gets sent off alone, or even just a gentle aura around himself that he knows will keep him safe once he has access to the magic.