Corrupted

3rd pov

It makes sense that since most of their crests are based on things that are light, literally and metaphorically, that there are dark sides. If the person is starting to get in a bad frame of mind, slowly getting darker and darker thoughts, they will eventually fall into a pit of darkness that will have them acting as the opposite of their crests. For the Crest of Courage, obviously the person would eventually fall in a place of fear, making the crest - for the duration they're in the dark place and can't get out - the Crest of fear. For a Crest like Hope, where their existence powers light and keeps it alive, it only makes sense that its opposite is Despair, where it unwillingly powers the darkness. For a crest like Sincerity, the obvious solution would be a crest of Falsehood.

For the crest of Love, it's opposite is rather plainly Hate. For the crest of Knowledge, it's opposition would be Ignorance. For a crest like Light, it would obviously become Shadow. The crest of Sincerity would become Undependability. Friendship would become Enmity, while Kindness is stuck with Cruelty as its opposite. Honestly, it's rare for anything to be able to corrupt or disturb a Digidestined so much that they start corrupting their power, let alone without anyone noticing, so it's not something Gennai or the governing powers of the digital world thought they would have to be concerned with.

This latest bout will prove to them that they must always be prepared, especially with how tied the current groups of Digidestined are in comparison to some of the previous groups. It's not really anyone's fault that they fail to notice. And yet they will all blame themselves, simply because they let a friend suffer alone without help. With the bearer of Hope hiding his nightmares and the bearer of Kindness still struggling with being kind, it is not entirely surprising that they are targeted. Hope is the most dangerous before Light, while Kindness is weak so why not get it?

The leader focuses entirely on Hope, brining nightmares, dread, and anything he believes will break that fool long enough for him to turn to Despair, while his minions are regulated to Kindness, who is already weaker and not as sure in his crest. It takes about a week before Ken goes for help, feeling himself starting to return to how he was, while T.K only lasts that long because Ken came to him for help. Otherwise he most likely would've hidden it for months without letting anything loose. 

Ken had come to his door late at night, knocking almost frantically. T.K was not really asleep, more dozing cause it meant no nightmares, so he gets up pretty quickly, especially with how urgent the knocking sounds. He's dressed in a tank top and pajama pants, but that matters not when he opens the door to Ken - in shorts and a tank with a thin coat - with red eyes and tears sliding down his cheeks, sobs barely swallowed down. T.K doesn't ask, not right away, he just yanks his friend into his apartment and settles him in the living room before making some hot chocolate. 

Ken is grateful, though he can't say it right now, not with how harsh he's feeling, but he is. He watches his friends back from the couch, feeling it settle something inside of him that he wasn't aware was roiling and twisting up. With a sigh, he relaxes and accepts the cup of hot chocolate handed to him. They relax next to each other, drinking from the cups, neither saying anything. T.K finishes his first and sets it on the table, then leans back and relaxes, letting Ken take his time. He'll push when he thinks its time, no sooner. Ken drifts closer to T.K - because even if the blonde is being corrupted(without him noticing) he is still Hope and gives off plenty of energy to sooth someone from their darkness - and sighs after finishing his drink.

"I've been... having really bad nightmares. I can't seem to get a break either, with the hallucinations, the constant things in the corner of my eyes, and I can feel something in my chest hardening. I can become myself going back towards the Digimon Emperor and that's not someone I ever want to be again. Please, there has to be something we can do!"