chapter fourteen.

*time skip to the next day*

"how can we possibly do this without getting the mark?" i ask as i sigh and sit down next to draco.

"well i know that they won't give it to us immediately, they will want to make sure we are loyal first." tom says.

"so if we figure out a way to kill father before we get the mark, we won't have to join them." mattheo adds.

"that's insane how do you know we will even be able to kill him?!"

"im pretty sure a simple avada kedavra will work."  tom says.

"pretty sure?" draco asks.

"stay out of it malfoy. this doesn't concern you." mattheo spits.

"whatever riddle. i can apparate to the manor and talk to our house elf, maybe she heard some of their meetings?" draco looks down at me with a soft smile.

"promise me you'll be safe. and hurry back" i put my hand on his cheek, looking into his eyes.

"i promise." he nods.

he places a soft kiss on my lips before standing up.

"i'm gonna get my wand from my dorm, i'll be back soon." 

he walks out of my dorm, leaving me with mattheo and tom.

"i still don't know what you see in him." mattheo scoffs.

i roll my eyes.

"we have 4 days until our time is up. we should come up with a specific plan." i say.

"y/n you've always been fathers favorite, you need to make him trust you, then you need to find out when he's going to be most vulnerable and away from his little pack of death eaters, then we  kill him and make sure he never comes back." tom explains.

"i think i can do that." i nod.

"you better hope you can. or we are all fucked." mattheo sighs.

great. all the pressure is on me. what if i can't do it? what if he doesn't trust me anymore?

the last time i saw him was when i was 14 tom and mattheo being 15, he left us. he explained we were too young to understand what was happening at the time. i remember tons of people in and out of our manor all of the time. when he left, a paper from the daily prophet was released, there was a spell gone wrong. he had died and the death eaters were captured and sent to azkaban.

due to our fathers death, tom being the oldest inherited our fathers riches and our manor. ever since we have been living on our own.

i don't know how he is back or how i'm going to pull this off.

"it's dinner time, come eat." tom says.

"i'm not in the mood" i sigh

"if you need us, you know where we will be." mattheo hugs me softly before exiting with tom.

i sit down on my bed and exhale a breath i didn't know i was holding in.

after sitting in silence for a moment i hear something slam against my window.

i jump up, slowly walking towards my window. i open it to see a dark grey owl with white markings holding a letter. i take the letter from its talons and softly stroke its head.

"thank you." i say.

the owl flies away and i examine the letter.

the envelope is dark, the wax stamp has an imprint of a snake.