27. Team Filthy Rich

"Miss, Miss Tinsley is on the phone." 

"Why is Tinsley calling me? Didn't she go cry her way back to brown?" 

"I'm not sure. My only duty was to inform you that she is on the phone, would you like me to take a message?" 

"Nah, I've got nothing going on right at this moment, I can spare my little sister my time." 

I took the phone from Daisy and pressed the cool plastic to my ear. Some static was coming in from the other side, but I dismissed it. 

"River?" Tinsley asked. 

"Hi Tiny." I laughed. 

"I hate it when you call me that." She scoffed, but then her tone became more serious, dire in a way. "I have something very important to discuss with you." 

"Alright. What is it?" 

"It should be in person." 

"Really? Did you call to schedule an appointment with me? I know I have this whole ego thing going, but if you want to see me, just show up. I'm sitting here in this house most of the time." 

"Is now a good time?" 

"Yeah. Come over Tiny, we can catch up." 

"Okay." She whispered. 

I had Daisy prepare some ice tea with those stale cookies my mother's friends would always break their teeth trying to eat because that's just what you serve people when you are catching up with them. 

Wearing my usual college attire, I sat in the lounge yelling at reality shows. 

"All idiots, every last one of them." 

"Who are you referring to Miss?"

"These people in Hollywood. Why are they all on this show, if there is not one single hot man to gush over and none of them have any redeeming qualities." 

"Miss, I think the one in the grey is rather dashing."

"Please, Daisy, his eyes are too far apart and he has perverted sex lips, clearly someone on the neighborhood watch list." 

"We don't even have a watch list, Miss, you own all the land for miles." 

"None of them are my Doxy, that's why they're all ugly." I groaned as the doorbell rang. 

I got up from my spot and headed towards the door. Unlike last time, I sent Harry to pick her up so her commute from the front gates to the patio, was much more relaxing.

"Hello River," Tinsely spoke clutching onto her small designer purse. "May I come in?" 

"Sure." I shrug. 

I move from the doorway as Tinsely passes me and heads towards the kitchen. "Where would you like my bag?" She motions to her purse. 

I take it from her hands like a good host. "Here is fine." I throw it over my shoulder and continue walking towards the kitchen as the hardware on the bag clank against the marble floors. 

"It's expensive!" She huffed picking it up from the ground. 

"So are you. Lighten up a bit and talk to me." I take my seat at the bar. 

"Okay," She settles into the seat next to mine. "I know you were never one for manners, but with what I am about to tell you, I need you to try to pry all of the suppressed manners from your head and listen." 

"Alright. I guess I can try to behave. I'm not some wild animal you ass." 

She nibbled at the burnt end of a cookie. "So how have you been coping with our parents' death?"