Chapter - 18

"Mr. Shekhawat, please come with me."  Doctor said.

"Mein..doctor me bhi saath ati hu" Sunaina said as doctor looks at her questioningly "am her sister" she nodded.

They went inside her cabin and took their seat, Sunaina was worried as hell while Rajveer was too numb to feel anything except pain and fear of loosing her.

Doctor takes a deept breath "Naina's condition is deteriorating...her blood pressure is very high, lungs are chocked, she is on oxygen." Their heart stopped beating as fear gripping them more and more "Condition itni bigad gayi hai ki..." She takes a pause making them anxious "we can only save one...mother or the child". She looks at them with pity.

Sunaina looks at her as is if she dropped a bomb on them. How can she choose one of them. The child isn't even born yet but still they can feel it's presence. It's already a part of their lives. Befor she could ask or say Rajveer spoke in between.

"Naina...mujhe Naina chahiye..safe and alive...please doctor please...kuch bhi kijiye mujhe meri biwi chahiye...am ready to loose everything and anything precious to me...bas meri Naina ko bacha lijiye.... She is my life..please" he pleaded joining his hands in front of her while crying which shocked Sunaina to core, she wasn't able to react. Is this the same man who was hell bent on making her sister's life miserable? Or is there something more to his revenge? Can she trust him after he backstabbed them at every opportunity he got?

_____________________________________

Doctors took her inside OT while they all, Rajveer, Sunaina, gunny, Mr and Mrs Ahluwalia waited outside, praying for Her well being. Rajveer's parents were also on their way along with Ranveer.

He was staring at the door of operation theatre without a blink as if there is no life or senses left in him. All he could think about those brutal words he said to her this afternoon.

""Tumhe mein sirf jhel raha hu apne bacche ke liye... Warna tumhari mein shakal bhi na dekhu""

His own words stabbed his heart as her hurt filled face flashed in front of his eyes.

""Kash tum meri zindagi mein kabhi ayi hi na hoti... ""

He cursed himself for his choice of words, how can he be so insensitive, he wanted to hurt himself badly for making her suffer..again and again.

He saw a nurse coming out of OT everyone got alert and rushed near her while Rajveer was sitting at the same place rooted, he had no energy left to even stand on his own, he was shivering and numb to support himself.

"Nurse, how is she.." Naina's father ask.

"Doctor Ahluwalia, apne khud patient ki report dekhi hai..you know about her condition" she said pitying her "it's not very good..but we are trying our best...excuse me" she left.

"Kaisa majboor baap hu mein...apni bacchi ke liye kuch nahi kar pa raha" Mr.Ahluwalia felt like a looser today...his little angel was fighting between Life and death. He being a doctor himself couldn't do anything for her.

Mrs. Ahluwalia while controlling her tears who was equally scared, tries to console her husband "hamari Naina, bahot bahadur hai..aap dekhiyega..wo hamare pas wapas ajayegi...bhagwan sab theek karenge...hamari bacchi wapas hamre sath hogi" he nodded in hope. Sunaina rushed to her parents to support them.

Soon Rajveer's parents also arrived they were looking scared and worried for her..Sunaina saw Ranveer there and instantly she was feeling suffocated in his presence, he too felt uneasy so went to sit beside his brother, trying to make him say something..he was sitting silent.