Chapter - 23

Naina returns back home with lots of thoughts pondering in her mind. First her sister saying that Rajveer is regretting and then Her meeting with Anjali, it was bothering her. She was so clear about her decision, she will leave tomorrow and will start a fresh. It's not like she will back out. Nope she is firm on her decision but something is itching her, pulling her back. Is it him...?

She takes a deep breath, she can't fall weak now, not when she stood up for herself after loosing everything precious to her. No matter how guilty he feels, how honest his apologies are, it's too late to regret now.

She heard sound of shouting coming from her house. She almost ran inside and was left horrified to see Rajveer slapped by her father. There wasn't any sign of offence on his face, instead he looks guilty and ashamed. Their eyes met and a drop of tear escapes from his eyes as he passes her a light smile which confused her. She saw his cheek turning red where her father slapped him, it pains her to see him like this even after everything.

"Hamara koi beta nahi hai lekin tumhe apna beta mana..wahi maan samaan aur pyaar dia jo ek maa baap apne bacche ko dete hai..lekin tumne hamare sath itna bada dhoka kia...meri phool si bacchi ko dukh aur takleef ka samandar tohfe me dia" her father was spitting fire.

"Kitna bharosa kiya tha humne tumpar Rajveer aur tumne hamare sath itna bada vishwas ghaat...Naina se badh kar tumhe pyaar dia...usey samjhati rahi ki tum bhi kitne dukhi hogey lekin mujhe kya pata tha... Uski har takleef ki wajah tum ho". Her mother said while crying on her daughter's fate.

"Bahot garv tha mujhe..do do beto ki maa hone ka...aj teri aur Ranveer ki wajah se meri kokh sharmsaar ho gayi hai...ek pal me tune mere ghamand ko choor choor kar dia" His mother was shattered hearing sinful deeds of her sons.

"Rehne do Kavita, khud ko dosh mat do ..galati meri hai, meine hi inn dono ko kuch zyada chhut de di thi.... Usi ka nateeja hai ki aj hume sharm se sar jhukana pad raha hai". His father was ashamed, his head was lowered in front of everyone.

Now Naina realised what was happening here. Rajveer told them everything he did with her including Ranveer's sinister deeds. Yesterday she asked him to tell everyone, everything and he actually did it....

Rajveer joined his hands with his head lowered "mein aap sab ka apraadhi hu..meine jo kiya uski maafi bhi nahi mang sakta, meine sirf Naina hi nahi..aap sab ka dill aur bharosa toda hai...apne maa baap sar sharm se jhukaya hai...uske liye ap log mujhe jo saza denge...mujhe manzor hai". He can feel her eyes on him.

"Ha...saza to tumhe zarur milegi, jhut ki buniyad par banaya gaya rishta dhoka hota hai aur uss dhoke ki saza to tumhe milegi...mein abhi tumhe aur tumhare uss bhai ko police ke hawale karunga" his father takes out his cell and Rajveer shows no protest which makes Naina panik.

"Baba..rukiye" she stops her father seeing No protest from Rajveer's side.

They all looks at her "Naina.. meri bacchi" meera runs to hug her "mujhe maaf karde, mein tujhe hi galat samjha...maa hokar bhi tere man ki baat na jaan payi".

Kavita comes near her and joins her hand "mujhe maaf kar de beta...meri hi aulaad ki wajah se tujhe kitni takleef hui... teri gunehgaar mein bhi hu".

Naina holds her hand "nahi Maa, apki koi galati nahi....jo mere sath hua usme ap dono ka koi dosh nahi..." She looks over at rajveer "shayad meri kismat ko yahi manzoor tha".

"Ab tak jo hua usey to tumne apni kismat par tal diya beta.." his father spoke "lekin ab jo hoga wo tumhari marzi se hoga...tumhara gunehgar tumhare samne hai...tumhe jo saza deni hai do isey...koi ek shabd nahi kahega". His father shot angry glance at his direction while he stood in between like a criminal.