Chapter 4: First encounter

Clara was frantic, for the past hour everything was fine. Until now, the camera feed had suddenly gone offline, and it seemed like it was taking longer then she thought to reboot it, although the camera feed had never gone offline before this. As the feed went back online she realised the animatronic wasn't there...

Clara mentally screamed at herself for not atleast using audio before going to reboot the system, she wasn't very experienced and she was a bit worried. "Where is he?" she mumbled out loud to no one in paticular, atleast she thought. "Y-you mean me?" a somewhat timid voice stuttered. "WAIT WHAT?!" Clare shrieked before swiftly putting the moniter away to face the noise of the sound, which happened to be in the hallway infront of her.

Clara stared at the animatronic who looked at her with a somewhat questioning look. That's when Clara realised she must've looked half-crazed and quickly regained her composure. "You aren't going to k-kill me?" Clara squeaked out, scared half to death. "No, did I do something wrong? I mean, I haven't been activated for so long I barely remember Fredbear's family diner." "Well, since your an animatronic, shouldn't you have a name or something like that?"

Clara wondered if the animatronic was sentient, as he was talking like a normal human being, even expressing human emotion, which mystified her. "Well, I can't even remember my original name, the employees just started calling me 'Springtrap' after a while, I never found out why they called me that but thats all I remember."

Before Clara could reply she heard the clock chime 6:00 AM, she had finished her shift. "Well goodbye, Springtrap, I'll see you tomorrow at midnight. He only smiled, which seemed hyper-realistic and seemed to actually look like he was happy before leaving.

Clara left the building wondering if she had just talked to a sentient robot that actually seemed nice to her, she drove off, leaving the building behind. Later that day she called Clark and told him that the animatronic was perfect and that there was no suspicious activity that night. Clark was very glad about this and told her that everything was fine in his end and that they were currently tracking a lead right now, Clara wished him good luck, then hung up and went about her daily activities, feeling quite happy for sometime in a while, she wondered what the 3rd night would bring.