Chapter 6 - Welcome Back

Courtney's POV:
"Vicki!" I exclaimed as I walked into the room. "Are you okay?"

"Eh, my head hurts and I have a broken arm." She replied. I could hear the pain in her voice as she spoke.

I sat on the side of the bed while Grace sat in one of the chairs next to the bed. "Do you know if you have a concussion or anything?" Grace asked.

"Not sure, it's a possibility though. It just really hurts and I don't feel that good." Vicki answered. We could both tell that Vicki was pretty tired so we just sat in silence, staying there in case she needed anything. Soon, she fell asleep and we left the room so she could sleep peacefully.

We went back to the waiting room to see Eli, Lexi and Eloise had arrived. "Mama!" Eli exclaimed once she saw me. "Hello El!" I replied, giving her a hug.

"So how is Vicki doing?" Natalie asked.

"She's okay. She broke her arm and possibly has a concussion." Grace told everyone.

"Yeah, she's seemed to be in a lot of pain too. You could hear it in her voice." I added. The rest of of the queens nodded sadly.

"I hope she feels better soon" Jaye'J said and the rest of us all agreed.

"Can we see her?" Aimie asked.

"You can but she's currently sleeping." I replied.

"Okay, I'll wait till she's awake then."

We waited in the waiting room a little longer and I saw Millie come out. "Millie!" Eli exclaimed as she walked into the room on her crutches.

"Hello muffin." Millie replied sitting down on one of the chairs.

"Are you okay?" Lexi asked.

"Yeah." She replied. "Although I'll have to be on crutches for about 2 weeks, if not longer, so I can't do the show at all."

"Either me or Grace can go on for you. And the other one for Maiya." I said.

"That works." Grace said. "Also I don't get to play Boleyn and Parr as much so it will be a good refresher."

We were told Vicki would have to stay the night and obviously Maiya has to stay for the night as well because she wasn't even conscious yet as far as we know. I really hope she gets better soon and we can see her again.

A few days later

Yay! Maiya was just reported to be awake but only two people could see her at a time so Aimie and Nat went first while the rest of us were hanging out with Vicki.

We were talking about random things when a nurse came in. "You are free to go!" The nurse said. "Just take care of the arm, and no performing for at least three weeks. We will check on it then and see if its okay to take the cast off."

"Thank you!" Vicki replied and signed the paper before we head out. We waited in Natalie's car because she had the biggest car and we were crowding the waiting room.

Soon I got a message in the group chat asking,

Nat Nat: Where are you guys?

Courtney: In your car

Soon, Natalie and Aimie came in and told us the news.

"So Maiya will have to stay there for another week or so. She was having trouble breathing at points so they wanted to monitor her." Natalie told us.

"Yeah, they think she broke her ribs or something. They were about to take an X-ray when we left. I just hate how she looked. You could tell she was in so much pain." Aimie added.

I felt Eloise lay her head on my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her, pulling her closer.

Eventually, we got to Aimie's house (we were having a sleepover there) and we all went inside, Lexi staying behind with Millie while she was walking on her crutches.

Once everyone was inside, we went into the living room, getting ready for a movie night to celebrate Vicki coming home and Maiya being conscious again.

Eli's POV:
Yay! Vicki is home and Auntie Maiya is okay! I was currently snuggled into mama while watching Moana, at Grace's request. It was a really good movie.

Once we were done watching the movie, Natalie and Aimie made us some yummy dinner. Half way through, Auntie Nat left the room to answer an important phone call, or so she said. Once she came back in, she announced, "Maiya's on life support."

750 words