Chapter 18 - Seven Hours Of Hell

A few months later
Eli's POV:
"Im sorry Eli, but with me working now you're going to have to go to public school."

The words still rang in my head. That was going to be my first day of going to an actual school. I was nervous but excited at the same time. I could have some friends my age but what if no one liked me? What if everyone thought I was weird? I pushed my thoughts away and quickly got changed into my uniform and ran down the stairs to go eat some breakfast.

"You ready for your first day of school?" Courtney asked me.

"Mhm!" I replied, my mouth full of food.

"Well good because it's time to go." I slowly got up and grabbed all my stuff and then walked with mama to the tube. Once we got to our station, we walked the rest of the way to my new school.

Courtney walked me over to what I assumed to be the office and was talking with the principal when I noticed two kids standing near the door. The principal must have noticed too because he said to me, "Over there by the door is Eryn and Robin. They are two of your classmates and will teach you about the school. You kids can go now!"

I looked over at the first person and saw she had her hair dyed a dark green and wore it up in space buns. She wore black cuffs on her wrists and a key shaped necklace around her neck. The other person wore their hair short and had it dyed a bright red color. They had on a white backpack that was splattered on with colorful paint. Deciding I liked them, I followed them to my classroom. The teacher saw us come in and introduced me. "Class, we have a new student joining us. Her name is Elizabeth. Please help her out if she doesn't know anything," The teacher smiled at me and I sat down next to Eryn and Robin.

We started with math which was my favorite subject. The class was learning multiplication but I already knew it all. After math, we had quiet reading, then History, and then art. I also liked art a lot. We were drawing animals today. I decided to draw a dog because I like dogs a lot.

Soon it was time for dismissal and I walked out with my new friends. I saw Vicki's car and ran over to her, saying goodbye to me friends.

"Vicki!" I exclaimed, hopping into the car. "Hello. You're mum is at the theatre right now and she asked me to pick you up today. I take it that you had a good time at school?" Vicki asked. "Yeah! I met two really nice people today. Also my teacher was really nice. She said I was really smart and..." I rambled on about my day until we reached the theatre.

Once we got to the theatre, I hung out with Natalie and Grace for a while, watching funny compilation videos of the cast. Soon the rest of the queens came off the stage and I excitedly repeated my day to Courtney, who was very happy to see I had made some friends. During the second show I fell asleep backstage, happy that school wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

566 words