Chapter 16 - Worried

1 week later

Collette's POV:
I feel so bad. If it wasn't for me, Courtney would of never gotten shot and we could of put more of our attention on protection Eli instead of focusing on Courtney. Eli would of still been here right now. The other girls keep telling me it wasn't my fault but I still know it is. Courtney hasn't said anything, but then again she hasn't spoken to anyone after that day at the hospital. It's like she's gone completely mute.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, interrupting my thoughts. I turned around and saw Courtney, with the same blank expression on her face. "Come here," I said, patting my lap. "What's wrong?" She didn't say anything, like normal, and instead sat down in my lap and leaned into my chest. "Worried?" I asked and Courtney nodded. I hugged her tight until eventually she left to go back to her dressing room.

I decided to call Eloise, as I was pretty sure she wasn't performing yet, and talk to her about my worries with Courtney.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hi, what's wrong?" I heard Eloise reply nervously.

"I wanted to talk to you about Courtney," I told her.

"What about Courts?" Eloise questioned.

"So, I was wondering if she's talking at all to you, if she randomly comes up to you with a worried expression on her face, and do you know if she's been eating?" I asked, spilling all of my questions out.

"Uhh, for the first one, maybe a word or two every so often, not much though. Why?"

"Well, she hasn't said a single word to us since the hospital and I was hoping she was at least talking to you."

"Oh. Well she rarely speaks to answer your question."

"Okay, so is she eating? I feel like she's gotten thinner and thinner each day, and not in a good way. Like you can literally feel her bones."

"Actually, now that I think about it, I haven't seen her eat anything recently. I'll talk to her when we both get home."

"Okay, thank you. Bye!" I said thankful.

"Bye," Eloise said and I heard the beep saying that she had hung up.

I heard the last note of the megasix and finished packing everything up before everyone came onto the dressing room. "You okay?" Aimie asked, seeing my worried expression. "Oh yeah. It's nothing," I told her. "Would you mind passing me my crutches?" Aimie went over to the other side of the dressing room and handed me my crutches. "Thanks!" I said, giving her a quick hug. "Bye girls!" I announced to the girls in the dressing room once Aimie was done. We lived pretty close to each other so we usually walk home together.

I soon came up to my flat and said my goodbyes before going inside. I decided to head straight to bed as I was already tired. I fell asleep, hoping that Eloise had talked with Courtney already.

500 words