Chapter 17 - Birthday Suprise

A month or so later

Today would have been Eli's birthday." Eloise said sadly out loud. Courtney nodded sadly, cuddling into the other girl. "I feel like we should do something for the occasion. She's not here obviously, but I think we owe her at least a little something," Eloise said mostly to herself. Courtney perked up and signed, we could throw a mini birthday party. Eloise thought about it for a moment. It would be a great thing to do but at the same time, it wouldn't feel right without Eli. She decided to go with it anyways.

A few hours later, everything was set up and all the queens were there. "You girls okay?" Vicki asked Courtney and Eloise, noting the sad looks on their faces. They both nodded yes in reply. "Just a little sad that Eli isn't here to celebrate with us," Eloise said for both of them.

Right then there was a knock on the door and Eloise slowly went over to the door and gasped in surprise.

Eloise's POV:
I heard a knock so I went over to see who it was, thinking it might be someone coming a bit late. When I opened the door, the first thing I saw was a police officer. Then I looked next to the officer and saw a small beaten up girl who looked oddly familiar. I gasped once I recognized who she was. I ran forward and pulled the girl in a tight hug, making sure to be careful of her arm, noticing the cast there. "I missed you so much Eli," I whispered.

I waited until Eli pulled away and turned to look at the officer. "Thank you so much," I told them. "Just doing my job," The officer replied. "She's a good kid that one." I smiled softly at the girl and looked back at the cop and said my goodbyes, and thanks again.

I took Eli's hand and walked back inside. Vicki and Aimie were the first to spot us, both gasping and running towards us at the sight. I let them have their turn and went over to find Courtney. "Come here," I said with a big smile on my face. "It seems it's our lucky day." She had a look of confusion on her face but it soon melted away into a face of shock once she realized what I meant. We both ran into the hallway and Courtney pulled Eli into a tight hug.

"I love you," Courtney whispered to the girl. Just hearing those three words broke my heart. Courtney hasn't said anything unless she was performing. Even then, she didn't speak unless she had to. Courtney beckoned me over and I joined the hug. We soon broke away and all went to the living room where we asked a few questions.

"I'm so glad your back," I told Eli. "Are you okay though? What happened to your arm?" Eli shrugged. "I'm tired and he broke my arm." I picked her up easily and set her on my lap. She reminded me of Courtney at the moment with how thin she is. Courtney had slowly been getting better, or so she says. I still can't tell any difference. I grabbed a blanket and draped it over both of us. "So how does a movie night sound?" I asked the group, not really caring about their response. I'd do it anyways, even if they all said no. "Moana!" Grace shouted. I let put a small chuckle. "Moana it is then." I grabbed the remote and opened Disney plus. Courtney left and brought back some popcorn with her. I then started the movie and hugged both the girls tight, happy our family is all back together.

625 words

A/N: You get some fluff. You're welcome.