Chapter. 24

Jack's p.o.v:

As I sit on Alex's bed petting his hair as he rests his head on my lap, I feel a wave of relief gently wash over me.

Me and Alex have only been romantically involved for a few days, but I feel like it just makes sense him and I. If only I hadn't been so blinded by my own self hatred, maybe we would have been dating months ago.

Neither of us want to talk about the elephant in the room, of course... What's going to happen at the end of the month?

We've purposely been avoiding that question, just enjoying each others company and ignoring that it's only for a limited amount of time.

Dom had asked what was going to happen to me and Alex after he had asked what happened when I rushed out of his room multiple days ago. He was shocked to find out that I would not be returning next year, and I could tell he was trying to hide his disappointment, not that he was doing it well.

When I told him that I wanted to date Alex he seemed confused as to why I would want to date someone for two weeks before I leave and probably never see them again.

I tried my best to explain it, but I've never been good with words and no matter what I said he still seemed unconvinced.

At least Dom is supportive and always has been, I can't imagine how my parents would react if the headmaster called them telling them about how some student said their son was kissing a boy.

At least Zack and Rian made it clear they're supportive, I think they knew I liked Alex way before I did.

Maybe when I move back home I can experiment with my sexuality more.

My stomach tenses at that thought.

I don't think I want to experiment with other guys. I mean sure, now that I think about it there is some pretty attractive guys where I live, but the thought of kissing a boy who isn't Alex makes my chest tighten.

I look down at the britsh boy, placing a gentle kiss to the top of his head.

He takes a break from reading over his notes briefly to crane his head up to shoot me a quick toothy smile, and I can't help but smile back at how adorable he looks.

"You should really be studying too, final exams are next week." He suggests.

"I will, I will." I shrug off his comment.

Sighing he gets off of my lap and starts collecting up his notebook and pen "I can't believe the last day of school is approaching so rapidly."

"I was meaning to talk to you about that-"

"No, not yet." He's quick to stop me. He stacks his things on his desk before sitting down beside me.

"We can't put off talking about it forever. There's only a week left of school."

"A week and one day." He corrects.

Sighing I intertwine our fingers. "Look, I don't want to talk about this anymore than you do, but we really should."

He's very hesitant, but he nods meekly in agreement.

"I like you, a lot." I start. "I don't want you to think what's going on between us doesn't mean anything, because despite what I've said in the past, it does."

"I know." Alex adds with an unsure look, not at my statement but about the conversation we're having.

"I want you to be able to figure yourself out more, and if that means dating more guys, or even girls after I leave, so be it. I don't want to hold you back, Alex. Once I'm gone you're free to do whatever you want without feeling guilty."