Chapter. 9

Alex's p.o.v:

This is the first time since Jack has been enrolled that he's actually allowed to leave the school grounds, so he's pretty excited. It's nice to see him like this, he's actually smiling and looking forward to something as appose to his usual curmudgeon self.

He's spending the day in town with me today, but I think it's less of him wanting to hang out with me and more of me being his tour guide because he doesn't know where a single thing in town is. Dom's coming with us as well, I've been hanging out with him more because Jack is friends with him, and I got to say he's a pretty fun guy to be around. I used to avoid him because he's an out of control rule breaker, but maybe that's what I need in my life.

That is what I have in my life.

Jack and Dom are the only people I really talk to, which is kind of ironic seeing as how I am the polar opposite of the both of them. I have started to notice how I'm rubbing off on Jack though, he's actually starting to try in school and he's getting tidier. Maybe I should start taking notes from him. I've come to realize just how uptight I am. I never noticed before because... he was just as uptight so I never noticed just how much of a control freak I've become.

I miss him everyday...

"I need to get some more clothes while we're in town. I'm running low." Jack proclaims.

"Oorrrr... You could just do your laundry." I express with a smug smile.

"That's too much effort, I'll just spend some money my parents send me for school stuff."

"If you want you could just burrow some of mine?" I offer.

He looks to me, standing in front of his bed in his Simpsons pj pants, worn gray t-shirt hanging loosely on him. He looks hesitant to except my offer, but it's not like he has a better choice. "You sure?"

"Totally. We're around the same size, not to mention I got a bunch of extra clothes after my old roommate left."

"Why did he give you all his clothes?"

My chest tightens for a sec. "Long story." I state vaguely.

"Okay, well yeah I'll take some clothes."

I nod, taking some clothes out of my dresser that I think he'll like, not that he's going to be picky at this point.

"Here." I hand him a pile of neatly folded clothes.

"Thanks." He responds, a sheepish smile on his face as accepts the clothes from my hands. He immediately turns and starts towards the bathroom.

"What are you doing?"

He stops, looking back at me with a quizzical look. "I was gonna get changed in the bathroom."

I let out a light chuckle. "Why do you always do that? You do know you can get changed out here, right?"

"But you got all weirded out last time I did."

"What do you mean?" I ask, eyebrows furrowing together.

"I took my shirt off in front of you once and you just starred at me, so I don't know, I just got the impression you thought it was weird or something. I mean, you always get changed in the bathroom, so I just thought that's what we were supposed to do."

"I get changed in the bathroom so I can check to see if there's any wrinkles in my uniform in the mirror, and I did not stare at you!" but that's kind of a lie. My eyes for some odd reason lingered on his naked torso while he was getting dressed for much longer then they should have. hell, they shouldn't have looked there at all.