it only took one night

by : angge_RJ

tags : renmin, renhyuck besties, mafia jaemin, mention of cocaine, gun violence

“Are you sure about this?”

“Why? Do I look like a fucking joke?”

“Yes.”

“Well, Damn you.”

“Donghyuck, this might be dangerous!”

“Shut up and stop panicking!”

Renjun was about to retort an answer but got cut off when two vehicles that he’s sure cost million stops in front of them. Cold water washed over him once again as his heart was beating rapidly because something might happen.

They’re in an abandoned building, courtesy of Donghyuck. His best friend said that someone instructed him to do so because he needs him to drop something important to an important person as well.

Renjun finds it ridiculous, really. Donghyuck explained it to him earlier. How he needs Renjun beside him because he doesn’t want to die alone. He asked Donghyuck what’s inside the two duffel bags, he didn’t answer, instead he just looked at him worryingly.

Please don’t let this be a fucking Mafia shit.

Renjun was aware. That Donghyuck was working for someone. He doesn’t have any idea, really. All he knew was they needed to drop these two bags of cocaine to someone. As much as Renjun wanted to strangle him, he can’t. Because he understands. Donghyuck needs money for his college tuition. He’s not as smart as Renjun to have a 100% scholarship. Renjun doesn’t have any money to pay for his best friend’s tuition. Working in a tea shop isn’t enough. They're graduating this year. They wanted to graduate together. So, Renjun understands that Donghyuck needs to hold on the tip of a knife to pay his fees.

“They’re not going to kill us, yes?”

“Stop clutching on to me! Or I’ll hand you to them!”

Renjun immediately steps back. Curing Donghyuk in his mind. A man in black opened the car door in front and stepped outside, nodding at his best friend. He felt him stiffened but bowed slightly before grabbing the bags, he eyed him silently. I’m sorry, I’ll be quick.

Renjun sighed and nodded, lowering his head as he watched him run to them, dropping the bags and silently talked to them. He really can’t hear anything because they seem five meters away from him or so and his best friend was talking so quietly.

Renjun waited two minutes or so, seizing his sweater paws, he looked up as the wind brushed his washed black hair, blocking his sight, he puffs and he sweeps his bangs on the side to have a clear view in front.

His breath suddenly hitched as a man dressed in white silk, tucked in black trousers, had it three unbuttoned to reveal his milky chest, a silver cross in his chest dangling from his neck looking at him directly. He can point out that the man was caramelized-hair, soft pink lips are on line. He had his both hands on his side pocket while Renjun slightly parted his lips.

The surrounding was dark, clearly because they’re in the middle abandoned building. But he was sure that the man was checking him out and he felt himself blushing. Renjun did not look away. Dark orbs were scanning him but they stopped in his eyes. He saw him irked a brow before looking at his best friend’s way. He can’t do lip reading so he stayed cluelessly.

Donghyuck turned around with worry in his eyes before facing them, vigorously shaking his head and brought his hand to clasp, his voice raised, “Please! He doesn’t know anything!”

Renjun furrowed his brows as he straight away stepped forward to grab his best friend’s shoulder.

“Hyuck--”