you're so lovely

by : dreamingren

tags : just a really cute scenario, fluff

sliding up the window pane ever so gently at two a.m. on a saturday night, all was left to do was get down safely into the garden. he was up higher than he thought, figuring he would break his ankles if he just jumped.

he looked back just in case, right across from his room he saw his own parents sleeping peacefully. his father’s little snores mixed with his mother’s deep breaths, since they didn’t wake up to his brother jaehyun playing video games downstairs, he should be fine.

jaemin grabbed five bed sheets and scarves and tied them up together, to create a sort of rope. he hoped his bed was heavy enough, as he tied the end of a sheet to the wooden foot and tossed the other end out the window.

it was an opposite rapunzel story, if rapunzel was sick of her mom and just left like a rebellious teenager. jaemin was just going to be out for two hours, then come straight back without a trace.

the bed held his weight, as jaemin carefully climbed down. to his victory, he made it to the ground, safe and sound. he sighed in relief and gripped his backpack strap.

all he had to do now was jump the fence and sneak into renjun’s house which was three houses away. and that’s exactly what he did, after turning on his alarm for 4 am so it would remind him to go back home.

everything was dark, except for the streetlamps placed on the sidewalk. there was no trace of sunrise, only the bright full moon shining down on earth. the occasional dogs would quietly howl, and tree branches would shake due to the slight breeze. it was still a pretty night though, with all the twinkly stars dusting the night sky.

jaemin stokes the fences with his fingers on his walk, feeling the different textures of steel and wires that protected the front yard gardens. a rose bush caught his eye, and he figured the neighbors wouldn’t mind if he just took one flower.

he grabbed his scissors from his backpack and cut off half of the stem. he even cut some thorns for good measure.

a flower for a pretty flower. he smiled to himself, as he continued his journey.

after hopping the huangs’ wooden gate to the backyard, he tiptoed to renjun’s balcony. he felt like a romanticist, the whole holding a rose and romeo and juliet scenery he encountered.

he texted, fair maiden, i await thee outside.

jaemin saw a glow from renjun’s phone on his nightstand, but he presumed renjun was fast asleep since he didn’t answer right away. he eventually saw his betrothed under the covers.

jaemin smiled gingerly, deciding to make his way up there instead.

after climbing the oak tree that was perfectly placed in front of the balcony, and grew a branch long enough to reach, jaemin made it to the balcony floor without a scratch. the only problem was the glass doors probably being locked.

he knew it only happens in movies, but he took out one of his mother’s hairpins from his pocket and shoved it in the keyhole. he twisted and turned with all his might, but the keyhole rejected the pin’s shape. so he turned the handle, and the door creaked open to his surprise.

closing the door behind him quietly, he slowly creeped to renjun’s bed. he laid down, in which renjun didn’t whine or stir, due to the sudden movement.

jaemin chuckled to himself, as he looked up and around his room.

his ceiling still had the same glow in the dark stars that substituted as nightlights. jaemin couldn’t believe renjun never took them down, remember looking up at them when he was six.