The art of death

by : haebliss

tags : renjun is dead, necrophilia (but not really), nahyuck are inlove with him, renmin , renhyuck, better than you think

It was a hard job, taking dead bodies to refrigerators like they were waiting for vampires to visit and have a banquet. A very sad ending for a person's life, honestly, but he was used to it.

What he also was used to was to feel pity for the many pretty people who came every three days in average, their colors already fading out and stiff expressions and limbs, he wondered if they had partners or other life expectances for themselves, they probably did but seems like the universe didn't want them to live it.

There was a handsome boy who he got to put his hands on while bringing him to the refrigerators. The card accompanying him said: "Huang Renjun, March, twenty-third, two thousand - July, Fifth, two thousand twenty-one." Such a short life for someone that pretty.

He can't keep his mouth shut, making noises of satisfaction because how can someone be so pretty even after death? The people who have been his friends must have been blessed to have him in their lives.

Jaemin wants to squish his cheeks but there was no point on doing it, the stiffness of death made a notorious difference in skin's elasticity and pinching it would leave a mark and a weird form.

Donghyuck walks in while he was inspecting (appreciating) Renjun's face and when they get to make eye contact, both of them standing like they discovered a secret, the tension in the room and how they feel is so obvious. Donghyuck decides to ignore and pass the papers. He gives a look at the body and gets so surprised he can't hide a gasp.

"Woah." He says, wanting to put his hands on the resting face. "He's..." Jaemin and Donghyuck share gazes and they know exactly what the other is thinking about.

"He's incredibly handsome." Jaemin states, like he was making a presentation. "That's why I was looking at him." Defends himself because Donghyuck could be someone professional but work jokes wouldn't be limited to workplace and he didn't want to get a weird nickname.

"Yeah, I get it." He moves the head to the side with both hands, scanning his profile. "How does he have such a good skin?"

"He's dead."

"Still." Donghyuck knew Jaemin referred to dead bodies normally having poor skin conditions due to dehydration and the stop of processes like telling him it was impossible for Renjun to have a good skin, but then taking a closer look can see even behind the common little stains, he had not one pimple or even trail of marks from expressions. He must have been a very healthy and serious guy.

"What if he was still alive?" Donghyuck asks more to himself than to Jaemin, wondering alone. "I would date him."

"Would've you mean." Jaemin looks at him with some kind of disapproval, testing.

"Yes... Would have." Because it's not like you can date dead people, and it's not like any of them wanted to date someone after they passed away.

"He's been choked to death, apparently." Donghyuck finally leaves Renjun's personal space to get closer to the papers Jaemin was holding, the ones he brought.

"Who wouldn't choke a pretty boy like him?" Donghyuck asks rhetorically, taking a look at the bodies neck, agreeing on his question, such pretty neck should have some hands around it. Jaemin doesn't agree though, his face was enough to know.

"You are the worst forensic ever." Donghyuck shrugs it off because he knows that his lack of empathy or maybe his weird preferences aren't compatible with Jaemin's mind and it's not like he can do something about it.