Chapter 9: Catch Him If You Can

Summary: We left Y/N as you left behind your cheating former fiance Liam, and decided to go after Dean, the love of your life. You need to find him and tell him you're sorry and that you love him, but where do you look? What will happen once you find him? READ ON FOR MORE!

Warnings: Violence, Hunting, Gore, Angst, Regret, Angry Dean

Word Count: 2,682

Gif Credit: cordeliaaa (Wattpad)

A/N: So I may have had last minute inspo when getting ready to publish what was supposed to make this the last chapter. Now you'll get ONE MORE before the epilogue! I wrote the hunting scene in under an hour, and the words just kept flowing! Read on friends! Hope you love it!

Chapter 9: Catch Him If You Can

As you turned off the street and onto the highway, you grabbed your phone and dialed the number of the one person you knew would help you.

"Y/N!" Jody's familiar, happy tone came through the speaker of your car. "You didn't come see me while you were in town!"

"Sorry, Jod!" You apologized, smiling at the motherly warmth she gave off, even through the phone. "Was a quick hunt. Had to get home right away."

"Yeah..." She hesitated. "Dean told me you left in a hurry."

"Oh." You swallowed hard. "Did he tell you everything?"

"Yes ma'am, he did." Her voice always got high and squeaky when she felt awkward.

"I was so stupid, Jody," You explained, your cheeks burning with embarrassment and frustration with yourself. "I have been madly in love with the man for as long as I can remember, and I keep pushing him away."

"He's no better, Y/N." She let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know why you two resist such a clear connection time and time again. You were clearly made for each other."

"I know that now, Jod." You took a deep breath. "Then I thought Liam was my happy ending, but I was so wrong."

"Oh no. Tell me everything."

You launched into your full side of the story. The hunt, the bar, the kissing, the near sex, the regret, the hurt, the cheating, the packing. "And now I'm on the road. I'm not really sure which way to head next. I know he's not going to answer my calls, so I was hoping you could give me a clue as to where he's headed."

"Oh wow. You've had quite the last couple of days," She said, sounding shocked. "Maybe you should come here and sleep it off for a bit. Give yourself some time to think?"

"I don't need sleep, Jod. I need to find Dean, and I need to apologize. I need to tell him I love him, and I'm never going to let him go again."

You heard her take a long, deep breath on the other end of the phone. "Okay. He said he was heading off to another hunt in Boulder, Colorado. Something is draining a whole lotta people up in the Rockies. He thinks there's a nest."

"A vamp nest?!" You questioned. "And he went in solo?!"

"I told him to let me go too, but he said he wanted to be alone. You know how he is when he's hurting."

"Yeah...I'm just sorry that I'm the reason for that pain." You loaded your new destination in the GPS. "I'm going to need to really kick it down to get to him before he goes into a potential nest alone."

"He left about an hour ago, so he's got about nine hours left," Jody told you.

"I'm about ten hours away."