Chapter 9

Leon drove to his apartment and parked. He and Nate got out, going to the trunk. A wriggling figure was tied up and bound with a spare extension cord that Leon happened to have. They had set a lug wrench on top of the fairy to keep it from getting away since it was heavy and made out of steel. The car itself probably helped with its capture. Nate looked down at the thing with pure hatred as Leon wondered how this wasn't all a drunk dream.

"You wanna carry him by yourself or do you need help?" Nate asked.

"I think I got it... Your neck okay?"

"Not really. It's itchy and who knows what this disgusting thing has in its nails." He seethed. "Come on, let's go before someone thinks we have a body in the back of the car."

Leon nodded and grabbed the fairy, slinging him over his shoulder.

They got to the apartment and Nate went into the kitchen to the knife holder, grabbing a knife and coming back in. Leon turned around from locking the door and found Nate standing there with the knife in his hand.

"Ho! Hey, what the fuck man?!"

"How else are we going to keep it still?"

"You need to stop going all homicidal on me, okay? I know these things hurt you and kept you against your will but how does maiming it keep you from being a monster yourself?"

"Self defense." Leon made a face at him as he put the fairy on the sofa and Nate gripped the knife tighter. "Can I just at least stab it through the hand? To show that we aren't pushovers?"

"I think pistol whipping him with the keys and tying him up was enough."

"Mohe harakir prostin titi appo asrisro airpai aheng teteto- YOWWW!"

"DONATELLO!"

"LEONARDO!"

"What the hell did I just say?!" Leon screamed. "Now look at my sofa!"

Nate looked at where he had rammed the knife into the arm of the fairy and into the arm of the sofa. Metallic copper blood was staining the fabric, soaking into fibers. The fairy was screaming but soon started going into a different frequency; so high that it was making all the dogs in the apartment complex start barking all at once. The brothers looked up at hearing the cacophony of dogs and Leon went over to the kitchen. He grabbed the salt shaker and walked back over the writhing fairy. He shook some salt into his hand and blew it into the fairy's face. The fairy stopped screaming, coughing like it was choking, but then started screaming again, but on a normal level. Leon went behind the fairy and sprinkled more salt into his hand. He grabbed the fairy around the face, his salted palm landing directly into his mouth. With his mouth covered and in pain due to the salt, the fairy finally stopped screaming.

"Be quiet." Leon seethed. "Another word (or sound) our of you and this salt will start shaking ever so slightly into your eyes until they bleed and melt out of their sockets. Do you understand me?" The fairy nodded stiffly. "The only thing coming out of your mouth will be answers to questions asked and air. Got it? he snarled, moving his hand to open up one of the fairy's eyes and holding the salt shaker right above it.

""Anaina! Anaina!"" it screamed.

"Dunno what that means but I hope it means 'yes', or at least it better."

Now that the fairy was no longer causing an issue, Leon turned back to Nate as he stared at him.

"What?"

"And I'm violent?" he asked with a lift of his eyebrow.

"There was no stabbing involved." Leon ran this fingers through his hair. "How are we supposed to keep him here and go get pizza? They don't deliver... and you look like that."