Flying Free

This story will be in script format as this is a story written for a filming program. There is no video made for this story. I hope you like it. Copyright to JadeCrispy.

Flying Free

Act 1

Scene 1

Setting: In a messy bedroom with the bed unmade with the pillows and blankets piled up in tiny piles, notebooks and snack packaging are all over the floor, the room is dark and cold. On the walls are posted of marvel superheroes and villains. The study table is littered with neat piles of gaming boxes and comic books, tissue paper and packaged snacks.

Story: Alex, 16, is playing a video game on his computer. His eyes are slightly red and look tired. He wears an old t-shirt with baggy pants. His hair is uncombed. He takes a chip out of a packet and eats it. His right hand moves the computer mouse and the other quickly typing away the movement keys. His twin sister, Lindsay, 16, comes into the room. She is wearing her school prefect uniform. Her hair is in a neat ponytail and wears thick glasses. 

Lindsay

Hey Alex. Alex? Alex.

Alex

What? 

Lindsay

Are you okay? (Silence) Come on Alex, speak to me. Please don’t ignore me, talk to me.

Alex takes another chip from the packaged bag and eats it. Lindsay walks towards Alex, trying not to step on anything on the ground and stands beside him.

Lindsay

Alex. I know you’re upset about Mally. I didn’t want to let her go ether, no one did. You have to move on, it’s been months. Why can’t you just get on with life? People come and go Alex. You should start school, make new friends- 

Alex

Don’t tell me what to do.

Pause

Lindsay

Why don’t we start with homework? That should help you. Our english homework is to write a letter to a dead person, ma-

Alex

I SAID DON’T TELL ME WHAT TO DO!

Pause 

Lindsay glares at Alex and hits her hand on the table top, startling Alex slightly. The stack of comic books near the edge of the table fell unto the floor. Alex stops his game and quickly picks them up. Lindsay tries to help but Alex pushes Lindsay away. This makes Lindsay angrier.

Alex

Be careful with that.

He arranges them in the order of the series and when they came out before putting them gently on the desk beside him. Alex turns his chair to face to his computer screen but Lindsay stops the chair. Alex slacks her hand away. He returns to his game. 

Lindsay

I’m just trying to help you. You don’t have to be so cold Alex.

Lindsay storms out of the room, not bothering to look down if she stepped on something. Alex doesn’t look back as she slams the door with a loud ‘Bam!’. Alex plays the video game for a short while. His avatar dies in the game. Alex sighs and switches off the computer. He looks around,  turns his chair then looks at the door.