Confessions Part 1: Tyler

He was avoiding you constantly, and you didn't know why. He kept your conversations short, not rude, but he always seemed in a hurry to be anywhere else but with you.
"I just don't know what's up with him." You said to your friend, Jenna. "He was all good to hang out all the time until we hung out in his room like a month ago. He's been avoiding me ever since."
"Maybe he's just dealing with a lot." Jenna said. "You don't know everything that goes on with him, (Y/N)."
"But he tells me everything."
"There are some things we just can't tell people, but whatever it is let him know that you're there for him." Jenna said. "Sometimes that's all someone needs, and maybe it'd make him feel a little better."
"I guess." You mumbled. "I bet he doesn't even stick around long enough to hear it."
"If he doesn't then he doesn't deserve you." Jenna said.
You both continued walking down the hall, and then you saw Tyler going to the cafeteria. "Hey!" You said, smiling. "You wanna sit together?"
"Sure." Tyler said, smiling a little.
"So how've you been?"
"I've been okay." He said.
"I just wanted to make sure you're okay. You've been really...distant lately." You said, trying to find the right words.
"It's nothing." Tyler said, but he saw you weren't convinced. "I promise." He said, wrapping an arm around your shoulders.
"Just know I'm here if you need me, Ty." You said. "I promise."
He smiled, sitting down with you. This was the first time you'd had a real conversation in weeks. It was nice to have him back. "So wanna hang out this weekend?" You asked.
"I-uh- I can't." He said. "I have a project, and I've gotta study, sorry."
"Oh." You said quietly. "That's okay. We'll just have to try and hang out at some point before the semester ends."
"Definitely." Tyler said, and it was very unconvincing, that broke your heart. "I've gotta go." He said, standing up.
"Cool, run away again." You sighed.
"What?"
"Nothing." You said.
"You know what, let's go talk in the hall." Tyler said.
You stood up and followed him. "Why're we in the hall?"
"What did you say?" He asked.
"Nothing you'd like to hear."
"Tell me, (Y/N)." He groaned.
"Every time I suggest hanging out you just say no and run away. I'm not saying you have to say yes, but I'd sure as hell like to know why my best friend has been blowing me off for so long." You ranted. "It's getting real fucking old, Ty. I'm done screwing around."
"Well it's not my fault it's so difficult to be around you." He sighed.
"I'm difficult? I'm not the one who won't even give my friend the time of day!" You shouted, leaning on the wall as you glared at him.
Tyler crossed his arms, and sighed "Not like that." He mumbled. "Ever since we hung out in my room a few weeks ago, I can't be in a room with you without wanting to fucking kiss you." He said. "And I shouldn't be having those feelings for you because we're friends and I know you'd nev-"
You had no idea what came over you, but you knew he was serious. Tyler never swears. He only ever did it when he was dead serious. It was alarming to see him speak in such a vulgar way.
He didn't have time to process what had just happened, but he saw you smiling. "Stop talking." You said, pulling away from the kiss, and he smiled a little. "How does it feel to be wrong?"
"Well if that's what being wrong is, then with you I never ever want to be right ever fucking again." Tyler said softly. "I love you."
"I love you too." You answered, and he wrapped an arm around your waist.
"So how about this weekend?" He asked, and that got a laugh and a smile from you.
"You're suddenly not busy?"
"If it's for you, then I'm never busy." He said. "I promise."