Confessions part 3: Cat

"What time do you get off work?" Cat asked, sitting down at the bar.
"About 30 minutes. Why?"
"Cause I wanna hang out." Cat said.
"Sick." You said. "Your usual?" She nodded, and you got right to it.
"Thanks." She said. "So how's life?"
"Meh. It's going." You responded.
You continued your shift, and you finally were off for the evening. "Let's go." Cat said, smiling.
You grabbed your jacket from the back while Cat waited by the door. You saw your coworker looking at you and Cat. "I'm sorry, but I have to ask." He said. "Are you guys a thing?"
"I wish." Cat said, smiling.
"You what?"
"We'll talk about this later." Cat said.
You walked outside with her, down to the observatory. Her favorite thing was to watch the ships fly in and out from the station, and she always loves to bring you.
You both sat down on the ground, and Cat pointed out the different ships, and rambled on about what she loved and hated about each one, but you finally had to ask. "So what did you mean by 'I wish'?" You asked.
"Well, I kinda wish we were a thing." Cat said. "It's totally cool if you don't feel the same way, but I really like you."
You smiled, kissing her quickly. "I really like you too." You said, and she smiled.
She leaned on your shoulder, holding your hand. "Wanna go get food?" She asked.
"Sure." You said softly, and left the observatory.