Chapter 5

"General Hazama, we've received a report from 3rd Recon Platoon." General Briggs said as entered while Hazama set down a glass cut he was drinking g ice cold water from while reading through other reports. "Status?"

"They've successfully evacuated the residents of Coda Village, and have confirmed the death of the flame dragon that's been terrorizing this land. Should we call off the request for the Hydras?"

"Negative. If something like that exists in this world, or something bigger, we'll need the fire power available when ever we need them. Continue with them sending the Hydras through, I'm not taking any risks right now."

"Understood. Lieutenant Itami also reports they have refugees with them. Orders sir?"

Hazama began to think over for a minute. "Have construction crews begin terraforming an area outside the main base for construction of a refugee campus. We can't fit anything else inside the base walls so we'll set them up outside."

"Got it. Also sir there is one more thing that is unrelated to our current ops but may be important."

"What's that?"

"Get the news on and switch to channel two."

Hazama grabbed remote out of the drawer and switched on a holo graphic display that acted as a sort of TV, bring the news on and switching to the 2nd channel.

"And as of recently the United Nations Interstellar Force has finally driven the Aakud forces into an agreed surrender, finally bringing an end to a inter galactic war. Remnants of their leadership are now scheduled to meet with the Supreme President and various military leaders in a final declaration of surrender, ending the hundred years of conflict."

Hazama was smiling as he watched through and leaned back into his chair. "So that's the end of it. It's finally over. We won."

"A great day for celebration if you ask me. A new page in history is now being turned..."

...The rest of the ride back to base went on without much of an issue. In fact, most of the 3rd Platton was actually quite cheery, not because of what had happened yesterday, but of the news that was sent towards them. The Aakud war was over, as humanity was able to enter a state of peace. We'll sort of as there was the small conflict they we're dealing with of the whole gate situation.

However the elven girl suddenly jerked up all panicked as if waking up from a bad dream. "Hey it's ok honey, you're safe." Kurokawa said as she put her hand on the elven girl, helping her calm down and relax. She then looked around and down at the strange cloths she was now in, remembering the events of yesterday as they came back to her. "Ah you're awake now." Itami said from up front as he looked back at her. "We're just about there at base."

Ahead of them, a massive fortress with walls made of reinforced steel built at a forty five degree angle greeted them as turrets, sentries, mass drivers, and missile launchers stood erect on top in defense, ready to fire upon any threat that dare to approach them. The walls were much smoother and much bigger than any wall any kingdom or city had, reaching a height equivalent to that of a five story building. "Alnus control this is 3rd Recon on approach, requesting permission to enter."

"Copy all 3rd Recon. Gate B is opening."

On their side of the base walls, locking clamps disengaged with a loud hiss and two massive doors began sliding apart, giving them entry as their vehicles drove into the safety of the walls before closing g behind them...

"...What! They killed a flame dragon?" One of the men inside the tavern asked as a woman who was of the Coda Village refugees said her tale of the events. However it was one many found very hard to believe. "That's right! I saw the whole thing with my own eyes!"