TP&TF, ceremony of youth (1)

"You wish to know the full story, Tommy?"

"Ah, I assume you're old enough to hear it, get comfy."

-

The swish of the curtains reveal the town center; he gazes at it. Young prince formally known as Dream was currently frustrated.

The most he had asked for is a trip beyond the walls of their kingdom, yet he was deemed "too juvenile" to leave. He could and would take great offense to that.

He was fifteen now, he should be allowed to explore freely. Even if it was dangerous, he was trained for a reason. At least that's what he believes.

However his parents were just too focused on trying to find him a consort.

-

"They're here! They're here! Gather 'round folks, they're here."

Bells rung loudly as people gather by the falls.

These ceremonies began just hundreds of years ago, celebrating a new line of future leaders each time.

The one time failure gods and almighties could work in harmony was days like these.

From behind the water, emerged the queen of their land.

"My people, we're gathered here today to give our blessings to the youth. Calf, faun, such lovely innocents brought forth for us all."

"May the ceremony begin."

She smiled, transmitting her blessing to the calf first. "I bless this child with strength, a sturdy heart, and the loveliest of necklaces representing the peace he shall bring in the near future."

"May our lady bless you as well. Lady Remedy, bless this child with eternal love and happiness."

"Amen."

She then turned to the faun. She observed it, deciding on personality deemed fitting for the child. "I bless this child with raw honesty, a soft heart, and the most beautiful taaffeite ring representing his hopeful luck he shall bring us."

"May our lady bless you as well. Lady Remedy, bless this child with eternal love and happiness," She repeated as the crowd rang with 'amen's.

The queen dipped her hands into the magical pond, returning to the children and pressing her hands to their foreheads.

"My fortune be on your side, little ones."