Chapter 11

Albert's POV

"How is she?" I asked my friend Neil when we entered my study room and office in our home. We sit at the sofa with wine in our hands.

"She's alright. She has high fever but she's alright. Hindi naman na nakakapagtaka 'yon sa ginawa mo sa kanya. You let her take an ice cold bath last night. And you make her do it for 8 hours. Kaya wag ka na magtaka kung bakit mataas lagnat ng asawa mo. She just needs rest and some medicine."

"Thanks." I sinecerely said.

"Why?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" kunot-noo kong tanong.

"Why you didn't make love to her? If you just do 'it' with her wala sana siyang sakit ngayon." nagtatakang tanong niya.

Yes, I didn't do 'it' with her. I just kissed her last night pero bago ko pa hindi makayang kontrolin ang sarili ko I put her on the bath tub with ice cold water. Tuwing nilalamig siya ay umaahon siya but everytime she feels hot again I'll make her have an ice cold bath again. And it happened for more than 8 hours.

And when I woke up she already has fever kaya agad kong pinapunta si Neil dito. He is the best doctor I know.

"I can't. I promised her."

"I don't get it. She is your wife but you don't want to do 'it' with her."

Bumuntong-hininga muna ako bago ko ikinuwento ang lahat tungkol sa amin ni Sab, simula nang gabing nagkakilala kamin.

"You mean Fernan drugged you that night you met Sam. Then last night Fernan drugged your wife?" tanong ni Neil namg matapos ako magkwento.

"Yes. Hindi ko na pinagbayad si Fernan sa ginawa niya sa akin dahil hindi naman natuloy ang plano niya. And besides I met my wife because of him. But I will never forgive him with what he did to my wife last night."

"Well, goodluck na lang kay Fernan. I guess hindi niya matatakasan ang parusa niya. How about those two, Sherwin and Rina?"

"As much as I want to deal with them, but Sab wants to take revenge herself. I'll just let her do what she wants to do. But at the same time I will also watch everything around her to make sure she will not get into trouble or put herself in danger again."

"Are you inlove with her?" tanong niya na nakapagpatahimik sa akin. "I guess you're not aware of your feelings." natatawang dugtong niya.

"What makes you think I'm inlove with her?" kunot-noong tanong ko.

"First, since elementary you never focus your attention to any girl. When we were in high school and college you never had a girlfriend or fling or one night stand kahit pa babae na ang lumalapit sa 'yo at nagpapakitang motibo. But with Sam, you just met her pero pinakasalan mo agad."

"Nagalaw ko s'ya 'di ba? And I'm the one who took her virginity." pangangatwiran ako.

"Knowing you, it will not matter even if you took her virginity accidentally. You will offer a compensation but not marriage. Remember, when we were in college? Once, we celebrated Lester's birthday. Uminom tayo mula alas dos nang hapon hanggang madaling-araw that we got so wasted. And when we wake up the next day you were in bed with one of Lester's classmate at kumot lang ang tumatakip sa inyo. She asked for marriage but you never agreed, instead you offer compensation. But with Sam, the first thing you offer is marriage."

"Because I don't remember what happened between me and Lester's classmate. But with Sam I know that something really happened between us." I explained.

"Well, thanks to Lester na nagpilit na ipa-test yung babae bago ka magbigay ng malaking halaga, we found out that nothing really happened. Kaya naman hindi mo kinailangang magbigay ng pera or mapilitang pakasalan siya. But what if it turned out na may nangyari nga sa inyo, papakasalan mo ba siya?"