Chapter II- Emma

People say they can hurt me with fist or slap but they are wrong, physically im numb and Mentally im drained.

I don't even know what happiness was.. The real happiness.

I packed my bags and went downstairs to see my aunt past out in the sofa, she is still wearing her revealing dress and heels. She seems exhausted.

"Good morning Aunt Ina".

She slowly got up looking at her surroundings and then i heard her chuckled.

"You should start calling me Mom YN, shit. I don't even remember what happen yesterday. I was so drunk! Well, the important thing is i manage to go home in one piece" she said while removing her heels and putting it in the shoe rack.

" Yeah, I'll call you mom when you start acting like one." i said while my hands are on my waist.

" I have to go now, im gonna be late".

I was walking in the school hall way when someone poke me on my side. As i turn my head to see who it was, It's Emma.

"Hey- Did you know that we are on the same class?" emma said while giving me her warmest smile.

" No i dont, please stay away from me". I said in a low voice, i heard her footsteps stopped. I dont really wanna see her face, i bet she is sad from what i said.

I dont want to be mean, but i dont want to get in trouble either. A lot of girls in my class doesn't like her cause she is a foreigner.

I sat on my table and scanned all the people's faces  around me. Clicking my pen and started to write.

I saw Emma walking inside while looking down, did she got bullied again?

She saw me looking at her but i immediately look away.

All this time, she was just sitting near me. I didn't even notice her.

The class has ended and im so glad i got a perfect score to all our quizzes.

The rooftop is my spot for eating lunch, i can read books in there and it was quiet.

As i munched my carrots, i could hear someone sobbing, and heavy footsteps.

I took a peek and saw Emma on the edge of the building. I dropped my chopsticks immediately and ran towards her without having second thoughts.

"Stop!" i shouted and grab her hands that made her fall on top of me.

Her tears are now dripping on my cheeks.

I look up to see her teary eyes and very sad expressions.

" Im sorry to bother you, im not gonna jump. Im just breathing fresh air". She said while sobbing between her words.

"What?! That's dangerous! You got me so worried there." i said slightly scolding her and dusting my clothes off while standing.

" I-im sorry YN, i just can't take this anymore" she continues to cry and now both her hands are covering her face as she let out her frustrations.

I dont know what gotten into me but i felt sad seeing her like this.

I reach out my hands and signal her that she can hug me if she ever needs a pair of arms for comfort while i turn my head to the side to avoid eye contact.

She immediately understood my gestures and ran towards me for a hug.

I hushed her to help her calm down.

"- im so sorry. I-im sorry for what i said earlier."  i said while tapping her back gently to calm her down.

"Everyone is so mean to me, i dont even get it why they dislike me." she said as she continously sob.

I was one of those people who avoided her, i have my reasons though. But, i am now regretting all my actions toward her. She doesn't deserve to be treated like that.

She is now calm and slowly recovering from the break down.

"Can you be my friend YN - chan" she asked.

"I-uhm." i looked at her cause im not sure if i wanted too.

" It's okay, i totally understand if you dont want to be friends with someone like me". She said while wiping the remaining tears on her cheeks and turning to leave.

"Wait-.. You know what, i want to be your friend Emma., Yeah! Lets be friends" i spoke out loud that made her stop from taking another step.i dont know if this is the right thing to do but honestly, i want it too.

We went back to our classroom while chatting and she tells me a lot of things about her, She said she had 2 brothers and the other was already in 2nd year high school.

Also, she mentioned that he is a gang leader. If he has a brother who is a gang leader, why is she getting bullied.

" I dont really tell people that we are related." she said. Did she read my mind? I was just thinking that and she already knew whats on my mind.

Emma and me became good friends, we study together in the library and i helped and stood by her when she is getting bullied.

Its been a month since we became friends, i dont wanna invite her to my house cause im hiding the truth that my Aunt or 2nd mother is a stripper. I dont even know how she would react to that but im slightly embarrassed to tell her about it. That's why i kept it a secret.

It's Physical Education class and i headed towards the locker room. I heard someone gasping for air and girls laughing and chuckling. I went to take a closer look on what's happening then my eyes widened when I saw emma. She is being struggle by them.

This is too much, i have to end this.

I took out my phone and recorded them while doing those bad things and then walk towards them after clicking save.

"Hey let go of her"  i said.

"And what are you gonna do nerd, hit me with a pencil!?" she said.

" I recorded everything, i will show this video to the principal so you will get expelled." i said. She then grabbed my phone and attempting to break it.

" Too late, i emailed it to me already and sent the copies to my other social media accounts, You leave her alone and stop bullying her if you dont want this video to spread all over social media" i added while standing up straight not showing any fear.

She clicks her tongue and let go of Emma.

" Hand me my phone and leave us alone. If i ever see you bullying anybody again I'll do what i have to do.." i said and they give me my phone back. All 5 of them walks away without a word.

Im really glad Emma is okay. We went to the courtyard to attend the class.

" Say YN, do you want to eat dinner at my house tonight? " emma said. I gave her a confused look and shake my head to reject her invitation.

"Oooh come on YN, please." she pleaded while showing me her puppy eyes.

"Ugh, o-okay i guess, i cant win can i?" i muttered.

"Yey" she giggled.

We went straight to her house after class. The property was huge. Its like they have their own gym in the backyard.

I entered their house and i can hear the television.

Emma introduced me to his brother Shinichiro and i helped them prepared dinner.

"Im glad to finally meet you YN, Emma tells me a lot about you" Shinichiro said while setting up the plates.

We sat down, i was sitting beside Emma but there is a vacant chair in front of me.

"Mikey, dinner's ready. Come down here." Shinichiro shouted.

Maybe Mikey is her other older brother.

To be continued.
____________

Thank you for reading my story❤️❤️❤️