Chapter VIII- New Life

Its has been 7 years since i left Shibuya. Im now working as a Secretary of a Millionaire. My boss name was Erik Damian Giovanni President of the Hennan Group of Companies.

He took a liking towards my smart brain and attitude. He was born with a silver spoon and he hired me todo all his works for him.

He is quite a pain in the ass and a playboy. I clean up all his mess and always looks out after him.

Its like baby sitting but your dealing with a spoiled dumb Millionaire.

I was working for him for almost 2 years now.

Since i left Mikey, i cut all our communications afraid to get him in trouble. Also, i never had a boyfriend since then.

I focused in studying and earning highest honors in college. Find a good paying job and taking care of Aunt Ina.

She is fine though, spend most of her days in her new job which is working as a caregiver in one of the home for the aged in Manila. She enjoys this job more than anything.

For me, its better than being a stripper.

I was driving my car to the meeting place Damian told me and when i arrive there it was a big prestigious club.

The decorative main gate of the Luxury night club opens graciously and i was stunned on how detailed the design was.

I scan the people around me and finally i spotted my boss on the corner talking and flirting with some prostitutes.

I fix my suit and walks towards him, I cleared my throat to get his attention.

"YN, my angel. You're finally here. Go ahead and attend the meeting for me.. Im a little busy here." he spoke and i just nod as always.

He let me do everything on my own, he'd let me decide on my own. He trust me so much that he'd even give me a duplicate of his mansions key card.

He treats me like his friend and sometimes a valuable possession . He hired me to do everything for him and pay me a massive amount of money for it.

I was wearing this when i attended the meeting with the hennan group of companies on behalf of my boss Damian

The meeting was not that interesting, they are planning on building a big night club. The plan was perfect until i heard the targeted location, it was in SHIBUYA, Japan.

It made me gripped my pen tighter.

"Ms. YN, what do you think?, do you have any suggestions?" the organization Vp spoke.

"Was this decided and finalize already?"

" no not yet, we are still waiting for Mr. Damians final remarks.. Or should i say your final decisions. But he is the one who suggested the place. " he smirk while waiting for my answer.

" Okay it has been decided, if Damian wants a club in Shibuya Japan, then so be it."

I stood up and pick up my mac book then dismissed the meeting.

I changed a lot, the more i endure the pain of missing him, the more i became numb and a cold person.

I cant even smile genuinely.

I preferred to be alone most of the time. At the age of 23, i was way mature and advance than other people on the same age.

My life was so dull and lifeless since that day i left japan.

I left a piece of me there. The piece of my heart that beats and could feel love and happiness.

Its been so long and i know Mikey has forgotten about me.

Whats left to remember.. I dissappear on him out of nowhere.

I hated myself because of that and will not stop hating myself forever.

I went home and started my drinking habbit again.

There are days that i really need to get drunk to feel numb and to be able to sleep.

My conscience won't leave me alone.. After all this years.

I still cry when i remember him.

I stood up to turn the lights off on my condominium.

I was walking towards my room when i came across the mirror.

The moonlight enters my dark room, being able to see my reflection in the mirror. My hand travel to my neck as i held the necklace Mikey gave me 7 years ago.

It sparks in the night when the moonlight hits it. My eyes widened and its started to burn remembering those moments we had in the past while watching the sunset.

This was the best gift i ever received.

As i promised Mikey in the past, i will keep this necklace forever.

My thought are occupied and I snapped out of it when i heard my phone ring.

My boss is calling.

The conversation :

Damian:
How was the meeting, Sorry i couldn't check on you. I met this very pretty chick earlier.. Now she's with me in my bed.

YN:
As i expected, she could easily be dragged home. The meeting went well, I guess We gonna need to visit Shibuya Japan next week to finalize some important matters there.

Damian :
No, i planned to go earlier than that. The day after tomorrow sounds good. Dont you think Angel?

YN:
*signed * okay Damian, it's up to you and stop calling me with that stupid nickname already.

Damian:
*Chuckles *Okay great, please prepare everything we need before the departure.

He hang up the phone first as always.

The next day, i adjusted all the schedules and meetings cause we will be gone for a month(estimated).

I appointed people to manage the operation while we are gone.

After a long day of working i sat down on my chair and was startled when Damian place a cup if coffee in my desk.

"Here's your coffee mam" he said teasing me.

"Stop it Damian, im not in the mood". I frowned.

"So are you excited to go back to Shibuya?" he said while sipping from his cup.

I remembered that i told Damian a few years ago that i use to live in Shibuya Japan.

"No, nothing to be excited about" i said looking uninterested but that was the opposite.

Im curious about what everyone's doing now. I was curious about Mikey and Emma. But, i still pray our path wont meet as i still dont know what to say and how would I react if i see them.

From the thoughts of it, i feel like i was about to throw up.

I am now sitting in front from the business class section upper deck, next to me was my boss Damian who was now sleeping cause he's been partying last night.

I signed while looking at him. I considered this guy as extra baggage. He doesn't really do anything. He is so lucky to be born in a wealthy family.

The plane begun to take off, i inhaled a large amount of air and whispered. " I cant believe this is actually happening".

____________

😊To be continued.