8

(October 5th (Tuesday), 1:50 pm)

The bell that announced lunchtime rang through the whole school. The sea of students, their voices and their footsteps could also be heard in the halls.

All of the students had one thing on their mind; lunch.

So did Shirabu. He and Semi decided to meet up everytime at lunch to talk.

The boy ran out of the classroom and made his way to the cafeteria in a quick step.

This was very unusual of him, so other students from his class, especially his roommate Taichi, looked at him like he was an alien.

Shirabu had a burning feeling of excitement in him. It felt like he already got so close to Semi. He was happy for making those decisions yesterday.

After taking his lunch, he walked to the same spot he and Semi sat at yesterday. To his surprise Semi was already sitting there.

"Hello there"

"How fast did you run to come here before me"

"Hehe, none of your business"

Both of them chuckled in union. Semi's classroom was further away from the cafeteria than Shirabu's, so Shirabu was expected to come earlier.

But everyone's full of surprises.

Shirabu sat down and placed his food in front of him.

It didn't take long for one of them to start a conversation.

After conversing for a while, they got the idea to compete. In who can finish their food faster.

"I can't believe I actually agreed to something like this"

"Well it's all for fun and games, if you feel sick or anything we can stop, I don't mind"

"Hmmmmm. Sure."

"Okay. Three..."

They both got closer to their plates.

"Twoooo...
...
Start!"

▪︎▪︎▪︎

Both plates were finished in about a minute. Semi and Shirabu were catching their breaths and laughing.

They both calmed down quickly.

"You've got something on your face"

"Is it deez nuts?"

"Fuck you."

"You can't trick me Shirabu"

"At least I tried."

"Who even taught you those?"

"Guess."

"Ah. Right. We both have weird roommates"

"But how did you know"

"I would feel if there was something on my face. And I kinda know you now so-"