Hiccup's a Cheater

Suddenly, a jet of fire shot past me, missing me by mere inches.

"Element of surprise-" I heard Gustav say, as Astrid and I turned around.

Daystrid flew up next to him, saying, "-key to any battle."

The choice between my father and Astrid was easy now; Astrid could now hold her own, the backup team was here. I shot towards my father, landing quite softly on the ship.

Toothless had my sword attached to his saddle, and after asking him for it, it was in my hand with a flash of purple fire. The fire had caught the attention of the Berserkers on the ship, as well as my dad. For a moment, a look of confusion passed over his face, before he realized it was me. I knew that I looked different in this form, with my scales actually visible along with my wings and tail. Dad had never seen me like this, so I didn't pay too much attention to his confusion.

I dodged most of the swings from the Berserkers. Soon the only Berserker left was the one holding my dad's axe to his neck. My dad just shrugged him off, knocking the guy out with his fist. He then walked over to me, as I let Toothless take my sword back.

"You look different," was all he said as I helped him free Skullcrusher, who had been near me.

"Yeah, well, when Toothless breaks a wing, that happens."

"What?" Dad questioned, climbing onto Skullcrusher.

"Uh...I'll explain later. Now, I think we should get Dagur outta here."

"Good idea, son," Dad said, as he took off on Skullcrusher. I wasn't too far behind him, heading straight to Dagur's ship.

Daystrid

As soon as I finished Gustav's sentence, I flew off to help Astrid, only for a chain to shoot up and wrap around Firewing's tail.

"Uh, oh... uh, Days..." Firewing said, just before the Berserkers started pulling on the chain. The dragon lurched back with such force that I was knocked over his horns and almost fell off of him. "Daystrid, I can't hold you."

"I know... I'm gonna let go."

"No, if we combine, it'll free me, and I can give you more firepower!"

"Okay..." I was unsure of what he was talking about, but I trusted him to know what he was doing.

With a flash of orange, Firewing was free, and I could hear him in my head, even if I couldn't see him. I then understood what he had meant. I had changed form at the same time, so I stayed in the air when he disappeared.

"What the...?" I heard one of the Berserkers ask. I couldn't have been the first one to change form and combine with a dragon during this. Hiccup was in his Halfling form and Toothless was nowhere to be seen.

I flew over to Astrid, helping her sink the ship that she had been working on. She then turned to me and did a double take.

"Days?"

"Yep. You looked like you could use a little help."

"Since when are you part dragon?!"

"Uh, since always. Listen, I'll explain later. This isn't really the best time to be talking."

"Okay, but one more thing. Where's Firewing? I know he was with you."

"Same place Toothless is." I think the spot where the dragons are when they're in the tattoos is linked, as I could hear Toothless in my head, he was just quieter than Firewing.