Flame Rider's First Meeting

It's been a few months since I became Flame Rider, and once I got back to Berk, I came up with a way to easily hide my identity. I now wear a headband, same color as my scales, that I can attach a mask to quite easily. I also have a hood now, but I don't think I'll ever wear it, since I can light my hair on fire.

I woke up tonight, because of Thor knows what, but couldn't get back to sleep. So I got up and went out to Firewing's stable, where he was sleeping.

"Hey Fire, you wanna go for a flight?" I asked him.

"Isn't it the middle of the night?"

"Yeah, but who cares? It's not like my parents'll care if I leave right now. As long as we're back by sunrise, we'll be good."

"Why don't you leave a note here? Just in case. You don't want Stoick and Gobber to worry if we don't get back early enough." I had to admit that he was right. Stoick and Gobber had kind of became my adoptive parents after the A-team was formed. Stoick wasn't nearly as protective of me as he was of Hiccup, but if I was gone for a long time without letting anyone know where I was going, he did begin to worry. Gobber... well, Gobber had started acting like my dad should. But that's besides the point. Firewing was right, I should leave a note. So I grabbed a piece of paper out of my journal that I kept in a chest in the stable, scribbled down a note saying where I was going, and pinned it to the wall with a knife that I had laying in the chest. I then mounted Firewing and we took off into the night.

2 Hours Later

"Hey, Daystrid, I don't think we've been out this far before," Firewing said, looking over at me. I had been flying beside him for the past hour, having gotten used to flying for long periods of time by now.

"Yeah, I think you're right. Why don't we head home?" I responded, stopping and turning around. Firewing stopped and started to follow me, until a chain shot up and wrapped around his tail.

"Days!" Firewing screeched as he was pulled downwards.

"Fire!" I shot after him, catching him just below the clouds. I touched my hand to his nose and he went into his tattoo. I watched the chain fall away before realising that I didn't recognize the colors or symbols on the ships that had attacked us.

"Look, sir! A Halfling!" one of the men on the ships called, pointing at me.

"Well then... SHOOT HER DOWN!" another man called back.

I tried my best to fly away, wondering who in the name of Thor these people were before it hit me... These must be those trappers Hiccup was talking about. So, in that case... I need to get the Hel out of here!

The next thing I knew, I felt a chain wrap around my tail, and I was suddenly forcefully pulled backwards. The last thing I remember thinking before hitting the water was: Gods, I'm never gonna see Astrid again.

Astrid

"Hey, Astrid! Terror mail!" Fishlegs called, landing just outside my hut. He opened it and gasped, "And you're not going to like it..."

"What do you mean I'm not going to like it? Give me that." I ripped the paper from his hand and read it. "Oh no. Days..."

"Astrid? What's wrong?" a voice asked. I looked up to see Hiccup standing in the doorway, next to Fishlegs.

"It's Days, she's missing. The letter said that she's been gone for a couple weeks, and that no one has been able to find her." I held up the T-mail that Fishlegs had given me a few minutes earlier. Hiccup took it and read through it.