8|Their Teacher

"He supposed to be mine! You get everything you want!" Nolan yelled as she smashed my T.V.

I ran up to her, but Harlem pulled me back.

"Don't do it,Ma. She got a knife." Blood dripped from his cheek. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to make his father mad.

Kentrell walked up to Nolan and punched her in the mouth, making her body fall to the ground. It wasn't a hard punch, but she was a very fragile woman.

"Take Bubba upstairs, Asteria. I'll call the cops for her." I took Harlem upstairs into his room and cleaned his scars.

"Who is that, Ma?" He asked me.

"I hate to say this Bubba, but that's your aunt. My sister," I hesitantly said.

"What is wrong with her?" He asked me.

"I don't know, Harls. I swear I will protect you." I put a bandage on his cheek.

"You are the girl Mr. G used to talk about in his songs, aren't you?" He asked me making me laugh.

"There are many Asterias in the world, Bubba. If you listened and watch what Mr. G used to do back in the day, you'll understand what I'm talking about," I said while tucking him in. "Don't go searching for his fanpages, though. They're definitely wiped out."

"Alright. Good night, ma. I love you." I kissed his forehead.

"I love you too, Bubba."

I walked back downstairs to see Nolan in cuffs and Kentrell talking to the cops.

"Yeah, that's all. But me and my wife would like some peace and quiet for the rest of the night with our son. No more questions," he pulled me into a hug. I felt comfortable in his arms.

"Alright, thank you Mr. and Mrs. Gaulden," the officer said making me laugh.

"That has a nice ring to it, huh?" I asked.

"Yeah. It do have a nice RING to it," Kentrell replied making me smile.

Nolan was getting stuffed in the cop car, and they drove away.

"This ain't over, Asteria. Don't forget that!" She yelled as she was being took away.

I woke up to feel a pair of long arms wrapped around my waist. I heard heavy snores in my ear, and slob that wasn't mine drooling down my face.

I didn't move though. I felt safe and loved.

After a few more minutes, I got up to start my day.

"Let me go, baby. I got to use the bathroom," I said. Kentrell let me go and turned his back towards me. It was 6 am, but I wanted to wake up early today.

I walked downstairs to start breakfast. Kentrell taught Harlem to drive early this morning, and he got the hang of it pretty fast. He went and got Amora from Dutchess' house.

I started on breakfast and lunches. Kentrell walked downstairs and his focus went on me, and his smile grew.

"My pretty wife cooking in the kitchen," he said while showering me in kisses. "I don't usually drink coffee but I want some."

"Now you know if my Dad was in this kitchen right now, he wouldn't like the way you tied this tie," I said while fixing his red tie.

"Ash ain't gon do shit but make it worse," he said making me laugh. "How he doing anyway?"

"Him and my mother are still in North Dakota. I asked them if they're wanted to move down here to Cali, but they started a little bakery up there," I said making him hum in response.

"I forgot I was a teacher. I almost called in to the studio to tell them I don't want to come in today," he said.

"Well you are a teacher, so you have to deal with it." I poured him a cup of coffee as he took a piece of toast and spread butter on it.

Amora walked downstairs in her princess gown and fixed her a cup of tea. "You woke, Princess Amora?" Her dad asked.

"I'm woke, Mr.G. Just want some tea so I can be more woke," she said.

"Alright. Good morning by the way," he said while I was still in his arms. She continued upstairs.

"Are you talking them to school?" I asked him.

"Nah, I'm already late. And Harlem still sleep," he grabbed his lunch box. "I love you, babygirl. Have a nice day at work."

"I love you too. Have a nice day at school," I kissed him on the cheek.

Harlem came downstairs. He was scratching his scar.

"Harlem, if you keep scratching it, you're gonna infect it." I applied another bandaid. He got a bowl from the cabinet and made him some oatmeal.

"I hate bananas. I want some ice cream for breakfast," he opened the freezer and pulled out some chocolate ice cream.

"Did Mr.G got to work already? I know he spent a night," he laughed.

"Yeah, he's already at work. And you guys have to head to school in thirty minutes. Make it quick," I said making him laugh.

"There's enough time," he said.

"Come on, Harls. I got to go to work," I said as Amora hopped in the car.

"Mama, we got a game tonight. You comin?" She asked.

"Yeah I definitely am." Harlem hopped into the car.

"Cause Mr. G gon be there," he said making Amora laugh.

"Whatever Harlem. I hope you got everything, cause I'm not going back," I said.

"Yes ma'am. I got everything," He said taking me by surprise.

"Where that came from, Harlem?" I asked.

"Oh, Mr. G taught me that," he said.

"That's nice."

• I got another Yb fanfic out, cause I'm obsessed with writing fanfics 😊😊.