10|Their Teacher

I entered the abandoned building to see my sister, or whatever she is to me, standing over my child.

"Nolan, listen to me." She turned around with an evil smile plastered all over her face.

"You made it, sissy. And you bought your Kenny Pie with you too," she said.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked her. The question made her turn around slowly with a look of disgust on her face.

"You don't get it?! You never get it!!" She yelled. Harlem was tied up, and he had no reaction to this.

"Just tell me, and I'll do something about it," I said. Kentrell clutched his gum harder.

"You have everything I want. Everything I deserve; the baby father, the modeling career, mom and dad loves you more. Even Tyler loved you more than me," she said. "It's always been about Asteria Ranada Hassen."

The tape on Harlem's mouth came off, and he stared at me. "Ma, what she talking bout?"

"I'll explain later honey," I said.

"You don't understand, Bubba?" Nolan said. "Your father has been under your nose the entire time."

"My daddy is Slim? I don't understand," Harlem said.

"No, fucking dumbass! It's him!" She pointed the gun at Kentrell as he sighed.

"Ma, what is she talking about? Mr. G what's going on?" He said.

"That's your real father. Your teacher is your father. He has been living under your nose for the longest, but your mother is too pussy to tell you anything," she said. Harlem stared at me, emotionless.

"Bubba I'm so sorry. I was about to tell you-"

"But what? What were you waiting on? For some shit like this to happen? For Amora to break her leg? Mr. G, you knew and didn't tell me? Dad?" Harlem said as tears ran down his face. A feeling of disgust and regret sat in my stomach, aching to come out.

"It wasn't good between me and your mother Harlem, at all. I'll explain everything later, ight?" He said.

"There won't be a later," Nolan said. Kentrell's eyes went buck as he handed me his loaded gun.

"Do what you got to, Angel," he whispered.

"I never get what I want! The only thing I wanted was him! And you had to be little ms perfect life and take him. I had him right where I wanted him, and you snatched him." Harlem shot up and immediately ran to me. "And now I get what I want. Somebody has to pay this time, and it won't be you or Kentrell."

Shots let off. I closed my eyes and held Harlem tight. I opened my eyes to see Harlem and I still standing.

But Kentrell wasn't.

"NO!" Nolan yelled out. I shot at her, making her body go limp.

I looked down to see 3 bullet holes in Kentrell.

"Kenny, stay here for me please," I said as tears blurred my vision.

"I can't, Angel. Just know that I'm your flying angel cause I'm leaving tonight," he said with his lips quivering.

"Dad, please stay. I'll do anything," Harlem cried.

"Stay strong for me, Bubba. I love you so much. Tell Amora I love her."

He let out his last breath.

Harlem screamed as I held him tighter in my arms.

My soulmate is gone forever.

The sounds of siren knocked me out of my horrid trance.

Sonali and BabyJoe met me outside of the building, immediately taking me and Harlem into hugs.

"Don't cry. He's in a better place, Bubba. Just know he loved you," BabyJoe said as Harlem's cries grew louder.

I looked over to see them zipping my Kenny in a black bag.

I'll never get to hug him again, never get to kiss him. Never get to love him like he deserved to be loved.

I finally let out all of my tears, rain completely soaking my hair. I grabbed Harlem and made my way to the hospital to see Amora.

A bitter taste sat in my mouth as I drove to the hospital.

He's gone forever.