Chap 29; Hollow

"Honestly I should never have given you a chance"

☁️🌥⛅️🌤☀️🌤⛅️🌥☁️

⚠️ death, murder, blood, fighting, kidnapping, abandonment, threats ⚠️

At first, it didn't have anything to do with his strength.

Sun has always been a little more drawn back than others. To be fair, all witches are quite drawn back and don't like talking or being with other people too much. But Sun disliked it a worryingly large amount.

Even before the destruction of his birth clan, Sun has had a different way of seeing things, and a different way of acting. His mother, is a mighty witch from the Dawn witch clan. Most have forgotten that name, after years of not speaking about it. But the Dawn clan was a prestigious and powerful witch clan that ruled on the east side of the Goddess mountains. They watched over smaller witch clans, provided new magic and genius witches that changed the world. They were respected, feared and honored. There was a lot of pressure for each individual witch with that clan name, but to be completely honest, the strongest pressure fell upon the young heir. Sun Dawn.

After all, he had been named Sun. The highest honor that could be placed upon a witch in the Dawn clan. His mother wasn't the leader, but the leader, called Morning, was without child, and Morning was a very close sister to his mother. Every day, and often at night, Sun was given training. It was tireless, constant work that left the young witch completely mistreated. There was no childhood for him, no playing or having fun, only training and studying and constant pressure. So he drew himself back, didn't speak to anyone that didn't speak to him first, and hated everyone. If that had continued, the future of the mighty Dawn clan would've been left in the hands of a dull and angry witch, someone who can't function properly.

Nobody ever thought that the clan could be destroyed. They were too powerful, too big for that to happen. But as it turns out, they were wrong.

One night, in the middle of a rainless summer, when dry grass and trees plagued the dimension, it happened. Flames lit up in the air. The whole village was on fire. Sun was the only survivor, and he can't remember why. Screams and shouts echoed in the night, the whole sky was filled with smoke, and it spread to villages nearby. Hundreds of alarmed shifters and horrified witches from close by came running to save the clan. But it was too late. The whole village built of wood was gone, everyone inside were dead. Yet for some reason, a single young boy stood crying in the center of it all, nothing but ash around him.

Being hit for being useless managed to change his whole being. Sun swore to never use his magic again, but he was hit and hit and hit. They tried to break him down but Sun is a stubborn witch. No matter how much they tried, they couldn't make him use his magic. He is the only survivor left with Dawn clan magic, the prestigious and mighty kind of magic that every witch envied. The kind that can make even the hardest spells seem simple, and the art of magic look breathtaking. The only one left, yet he swore to never use it again.

Yet after so many years, it only took one battle for him to use it again.

The other six who are fighting are struggling, and struggling hard. Angel powers are hard to predict, since nobody has seen an angel for hundreds of years. They don't really know what angels can do, what it looks like, and how to fight back. Otherwise, they could've defeated the winged beings quite easily. The angels know this and use it to their advantage, they hide some of their abilities and surprise their opponent at a moment of weakness. But Sun is different from his friends and mates. He's from the Dawn clan, and for a split moment, he decides to finally put some use to the mighty name.