chapter sixteen.

Edited🤍

D A V I N A

D A V I N A

We each sit in the meeting room, in a quite amusing silence.

Rafael and Lorenzo are both glaring daggers at the Vasily dude, and he's just looking at the both of them in confusion. Dad's playing with his pen, while Nikolai, the Russian mafia leader, is going over the contract. Santi and Valentina are sitting together, whispering things between themselves.

Though, I'm quite surprised Santi brought Valentina after what happened last time.

Mother is looking at Nikolai with the 'fuck me' eyes, and there are bodyguards all over the room, watching our every move.

We had to empty our pockets again, but I of course, kept a few knives strapped to my leg in case things went brutal.

I glance over at Vasily, only to see that he's already staring at me. I scrunch my face is disgust, and quickly break eye contact.

"So, I'll be going over the contract." Nikolai nods, holding the paper up in his hands.

"As Vasily and Davina get married, many things will happen. This never ending war will finally come to an end, and we'll become allies. This meaning we'll help fight each other's wars and battles, without a single complaint." Dad nods as he listens, intently.

Nikolai hands Dad the contract, and he reads it over himself.

Dad signs the bottom, and I'm left gaping, surprised by the action. I didn't think he would actually go through with this.

Yes, you did.

Shut the fuck up.

He slides it over to me, and I glare at the piece of paper in front of me.

I push it towards Vasily, and I could feel Dad glare at the movement.

"Is there something wrong, Ms. Romano?" Nikolai asks, and I just look at him with a bored expression.

"Of course not, I think I just need time to.. think." I say, hesitating a bit as I feel Dad's icy glare.

"Of course- We went through this, Davina." Dad interrupts Nikolai, quite rudely might I add.

"I still do believe I need time for such a big.. change." I shrug, still not signing the paper as Vasily slides it back to me.

"Of course, Vasily sign it." Vasily nods, and quickly signs on the dotted line.