Strangers and Stars

"Do you have anything you're good at? Maybe something that could help you when fighting," Toga asked me.

"Um drinking alcohol and eating cake.... oh wait I'm good a lying and playing poker."

"Yea that's not really going to help."

"And maybe darts?"

"Hey, that could work!"

"Why don't I just use a gun?"

"You could but you could end up killing someone that way."

"Am I supposed to give a fuck about that?"

"Most people I know try not to kill people when they can but if you want to that's fine."

"I don't have to kill them. I can shoot them in the leg or something."

"I mean if you want to go through the trouble of getting a gun do that."

"You know what I will," I decided.

"Do you want to stop doing this? You didn't look like you were having very much fun," Toga asked.

"Yea probably. I do need to work on my quirk but we should do it another way."

"Ok. It's getting kind of dark but there's one more place I want to go."

"Omg where now?" I sighed. We got back in the car. A part of me was kind of sad about quitting. I wanted to prove myself wrong and survive. But reason kicked in and I knew that I shouldn't risk death to seem cool. However, I decided when I got better I would come back and do it.

We didn't drive for long, but I was very confused when we pulled up in a neighborhood.

"Um, where are we?" I asked.

"You'll see," Toga replied. It was pitch black and I could barely see anything as Toga led me to a house.

"Get us up to that window," Tog instructed.

"What!"

"Just do it," Toga pleaded. I looked up and saw there was a bit of roof below the window. I grabbed Toga's hand and closed my eyes. It was easy to teleport up there I just hoped we wouldn't slip off the roof. Toga walked over to the window and looked inside. I watched as her pupils widened. I could only imagine what she was looking at. I walked up behind her but couldn't see in the window. I had to squint to see inside. What I saw was surprisingly normal. It was just a guy sleeping in his bed.

"Toga why are we watching someone sleep. That's creepy," I whispered.

"He's so cute when he sleeps," Toga mumbled like she hadn't heard me. A new emotion ran over me, jealousy.

"Who even is this?" I asked, my voice filled with spite.

"It's Deku. You know him."

"Well, why are watching him."

"I don't know what to."

"It's creepy we should go."

"I don't think it's creepy," Toga said. I grumbled and sat down on the roof. All I wanted to do was bust open the window and strangle "Deku" to death.

"Do you have a crush on him or something?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes," Toga replied plainly.

"I was joking. Have you ever talked to him?"

"Kind of."

"I'm taking that as a no. But why do you like him?"

"He's cute."