Baby Steps

It took me fucking forever to heal. After a week I was able to move around with crutches. It was difficult but I made do. Twice was completely healed by that time and Mr. Compress was doing much better. We didn't know where he was hurt in the first place though. He had just said he felt something hit the back of his head and blacked out. Our biggest problems were Spinner was missing and Dabi was still in a coma. I had visited Dabi a few times. But every time I tried I would sit there for a few minutes and leave. I felt like it was my fault. Sratch that it was my fault. Dabi had pushed me back to save me and I had made him fall over. It was all for my stupid plan that didn't even work in the end. We all didn't make it back. The worst part about it was I couldn't do anything about it. I had to sit there and watch the consequences of my mistake and couldn't change anything. I spent most of the day on my phone but I would occasionally play board games with people. Mr. Compress liked to play chess which I sucked at. He would always win but was nice about it and never rubed it in my face. It was the opposite when I played poker with Shigaraki. We were both really good at it and supper copetive. Not only would the winner get a bunch of money but they got to rub it in the other persons face until we played again. I lost a lot of money playing but I also won a lot. It was always the most fun when we played with everyone but then again I wished we could actually play with everyone. There was always two empty seats which were very hard to ignore. We stole all of our medical equipment from a near by hospital. Stealing from a hospital was another level of evil but we needed it. It wasn't like we were selling it. Dabi probably needed a bunch of things like and IV and a source of oxygen but we could steal that. So we just hoped he could make it without it. I didn't know how I could live with myself if he died. That would practically be like killing my best friend. Dabi and Toga were my favorite people in the league. It was bad too pick favorites but I couldn't help myself. Sure I was constantly arguing with Dabi but to me that was fun. He was like the brother I never had. And since I was dating Toga, Dabi was basically my best friend. 

"Hey," Toga said, walking into my room unanouced. I blinked my eyes to try and adjust them to the darkness.

"What time is it?" I groaned.

"Three am."

"Toga what are you doing?"

"I couldn't sleep," she said. I rolled my eyes but it was dark so I hoped Toga couldn't tell.

"Come over here," I said moving over on my bed. Toga practically jumped on my bed.

"I swear if your lying I will kill you," I whispered. Toga giggled in response which gave me and answer. I turned on my side so I was no longer facing her but Toga put her hand around my waist. I let her and grabbed her hand. After I little bit we were full on spooning. I was enjoying it much more than I expected. I fell alseep quickly and with a wide smile on my face. 

When I woke up Toga was no longer on my bed. I thought she might have left but when I looked over the side I saw her laying on the ground. She must have fallen out while I was alseep. That was were because I didn't hear anything or wake up. I couldn't help myself and busted out laughing. Toga shook awake and looked up at me laughing. She grabbed the hem of my pants and pulled me of the bed too. I landed on top of her and started laughing even harder. Toga busted out laughing too. It was refreshing. Everything had been so dull and tense for so long. The sound of laughter almost didn't sound familiar to me. I turned over so I was facing Toga. My legs were on either side of her and my face was inches for her. This was a great opportunity that I wasn't missing. I learned in and kissed Toga. I felt her tongue slide in my mouth and graze my teeth. It shocked me but I responded by widening the kiss. It was a very heated make out session but that was partially good because I didn't want anyone to catch us. Toga eventually pulled away and there was a string of salavia connecting our mouths. I got off of her and tried to stand up. I had forgotten my legs were broken and fell painfully back to the ground. Toga laughed and helped me back. Up she continued helping me over to my crutches that were on the other side of the room. When I first got them I was absolute shit at using them. I had gotten better over time but I still wasn't the best. I walked out of my room and let out a heavy sigh when I saw the stairs. They were the hardest thing to go down but we didn't have an elevator or anything. It took me ten whole minutes just to go down the stairs but I didn't fall. Toga had already made me a bowl of cereal at that point.

"Aw I could have gotten that myself," I said when I saw the bowl.

"It's fine. You were taking to long anyway," Toga replied. I propped my crutches up against the counter and sat down next to Toga. Twice came down shortly after and made a bowl of cereal. He looked more tired than normal.

"I had the job of watching Dabi tonight," Twice said, answering y unasked question. Everyone took turns watching Dabi at night in case he woke up.

"You guys should let me do it once," I complained.

"No you're hurt. You need sleep," Twice replied.

"I'll be fine. I don't need more sleep than you guys."

"Idk maybe ask Shiagaraki if you can one night,"  Twice sighed. I was trying to be nice and give them a brake but I wasn't going to go out of my way and ask Shigaraki. I was still selfish at heart. Mr. Compress walked down the stairs and made some toast.

"Hey we had all got cereal you ruined it," Toga teased. Mr. Compress just shook his head and sat down. Now only Shigaraki was missing. It wasn't like him to be this late but I just shrugged it off. I was used to it just being the five of us now. It was almost like there had never been seven of us. I moved on fast so everyone else was probably still not over it. All of a sudden Shigaraki came running down the stairs. 

"Everyone get your ass upstairs," he yelled. I knew at once it was about Dabi. He was either dead or had woken up. 

Wow suspense. I have to do summer work so I might not update for a few days. And I'm not editing my chapters thoroughly so I'll need to go back through and fix a lot of stuff.