The new gravedigger in town.

"The small town of Sirus only had about 500 occupants

"The small town of Sirus only had about 500 occupants. Sirus wasn't big enough to warrant walls so it was an open community of homes and shops. Its nearest border was the Gerf border however it was quite far away from it."

"The town wasn't particularly wealthy so generally they only had a few merchants or adventurers pass through and rarely did anyone stay for a long time. Although one day a visitor showed up who was quite different from the usual ones."

"At a quick glance he looked like an unassuming young-man, he was of medium build and height and had a head of disheveled black hair that slightly hid his eyes. Initially the townsfolk didn't know what to make of him as they saw him walking down the street holding a shovel lazily across his shoulder. Some more astute individuals noticed he was humming and had a soft smile on his face, this led many people to believe that this visitor was friendly so a few townsfolk went up to the young-man to say 'hello'."

"They asked him his name."

"Names Yule' he replied."

"They asked him why he carried a shovel."

"I'm a gravedigger' he replied."

"They all laughed thinking he was joking. The young-man wasn't laughing, he only kept that unchanging soft-smile on his face. So they awkwardly stopped laughing and asked him where he worked."

"The young-man smiled a bit wider as if he had heard something amusing and curiously shifted his head slightly to the side revealing a pair of dead eyes which made the smile he wore appear very, very misplaced."

"I'm your* gravedigger' he replied."

"The young-man spoke softly but despite that they all felt a cold chill run through their spine. They all quickly found excuses to leave the conversation."

"Nobody approached the young-man after that."

-----

It had been about a week since I had arrived at Sirus and to be honest nothing much had happened since then.

For my gravedigger job I talked with the town mayor about the position and he told me where the graveyard was and he even told me I would get paid two silver a month which is more than enough for food.

The graveyard was a short walk outside of town and was a bit shabby looking to be honest. But at least it came with housing, a small one person shack came equipped with a bed, table and small cooking furnace.

When I first showed up at Sirus some townsfolk had come up to greet me, I'm sure I looked very curious carrying a shovel around. But when I told them I was going to be their gravedigger they all got weird and left, nobody has approached me after that.