A meeting with death.

"Atop a cliff in a clearing which sprouted a few pines a ceremony was taking place during the night. There was a large group of townsfolk crowded together, some of them were riddled with wounds and moaned out in pain, others had eyes full of fear and some even had eyes full of anger. They couldn't act on their hate though as they were surrounded and closely watched by scarfed soldiers. The same scarfed soldiers who had attacked their town, killed their families and dragged them here."

"Why had they been brought here? The question was plastered onto everyone's faces and filled their minds."

"Eventually, a man stepped forward to answer their question. They assumed he was the leader due to his difference in clothes. He wore a simple red cloak and his hood was up. He called out to the group telling them not to fear for they had been chosen. Their lives would be spared and in return all they had to do was join the very scarfed soldiers who had attacked their town."

"The man told the townsfolk calmly that they didn't have to decide right away. The preparations would take an hour and he would answer any questions they had in the meantime. Some of the townsfolk began to see some hope in this man, he seemed sane, at least enough to reason with. They began to call out, some asked questions and some asked to be freed, the man calmly began to answer questions one by one."

"Some started to worry when it didn't seem like the man would let them go. Many began to worry when they saw a large pot be set over a fire and then be filled with a suspicious green fluid, were these the 'preparations' the man spoke of?"

"At the back of the group of townsfolk there was an unconscious boy laying. He had a knife piercing his abdomen and various other wounds on his body, many townsfolk presumed him dead but this boy slowly began to awaken due to the noise of the villagers."

"For what was to come, the boy would wish he had stayed unconscious...."

-----

When my eyes opened I was staring at the night sky, I noticed it was a particularly serene night. The stars were all still and the moon let off a dull glow, by all appearances it seemed like such a sky should accompany a completely uneventful night.

And yet, as my memories caught up to me I realized this night had been the most eventful of my life, and not in a good way. I remembered my fathers body which was punctured with so many arrows it resembled a porcupine and I remembered getting stabbed.

Things were hazy after that, but I do remember a scene of Pontius charging valiantly into a wave of scarfed soldiers.

Pontius was valiant? 

I wondered if I remember correctly. But, nonetheless he was probably dead now too.

What about Nel?