A gravedigger's revenge.

"The healers had finally arrived to Sirus."

"During the rainy evening a group of individuals clad in white robes had showed up and began to spread out to begin healing."

"Besides the healers there was someone else walking through the streets with a horse drawn car piled with bodies."

"It was Yule, his hood was up as he slowly trudged on beside the cart through the wet mud."

"He was collecting the bodies of those who didn't survive until this point."

"Many of the healers nodded towards him thankful but he never responded, they were only a horrible reminder at how Julie who died recently could have survived if he had been stronger."

"Yule's cold eyes glanced up as he was reaching a particular destination, it was the stables where Julie's uncle lived."

"He was looking to collect something more than the dead."

-----

Rattle. Rattle.

The wooden cart rattled beside me while being drawn by a horse, I glanced emotionlessly at the pile of bodies in the back.

Sorry souls who didn't make.

Then I glanced up towards the building I had arrived at, it was the stables where Julie's uncle lived, the last place to collect bodies from, there was a dim light coming from inside.

The healers had gone around telling the townsfolk to unlock their doors so they could come heal those inside so everyone's doors should be unlocked.

As I reached the door I knocked softly and without waiting for a response I opened the door softly.

A pungent aroma filled my nose as I stepped inside.

Looking to my left I saw a sick woman sitting by the door, the Uncle's Wife, as she had her eyes narrowly opened and was taking ragged breaths, I heard her weakly call out in a voice almost too quiet to hear.

"A-are you the h-healer?"

I stared at her for a moment waving a hand in front of her face before responding in an emotionless voice.

"Yes. Can you see me?"

She weakly shook her head. My eyes narrowed sharply.

So she can't see me, that's good.

"P-please heal my c-children f-first."

"Mm."

I stepped past her walking slowly towards a back room where I could see candle light coming from. As I walked into the room I saw two children breathing heavily on the bed, their faces were covered with sweat and their eyes were shut tightly in pain as they battled the disease inside them.