Business in the capital [2]

"Yea, all paid for so nothing to worry about! Anyways, we've arrived at the Cathedral, it's time for you three to get your contracts

"Yea, all paid for so nothing to worry about! Anyways, we've arrived at the Cathedral, it's time for you three to get your contracts."

As we stepped out of the carriage we were greeted with a humongous overbearing white cathedral that depicted the essence of 'Holy' perfectly. As the three stared wide eyed at the cathedral Nel spoke out softly.

"Can we really advance just like that?"

"For trainees, yea it's fine. Zera and I have more than enough prestige to recommend three individuals to advance to trainee. And also you three have an iconic achievement under your belts."

"We do?"

"Yes, you three are the only survivors of the Itzes massacre."

The three teens went silent at that and looked down at their feet. I felt Zera slap my shoulder and give me a look that said 'really'?

She pulled me to the side and whispered to me.

"Why would you say that!?!"

"You know what's waiting inside the Cathedral and in trainee school, they will be put through much worse by the snobs within the organization."

"But still-"

"Look, they are already fine. They are stronger than you think."

The three who had been looking at their feet depressed just a moment before were now back to looking at the cathedral in awe. I motioned for them to follow me

"Let's go in and get you three to advance."

The three nodded and stepped forward, at least they were able to rebound even after I mentioned the tragic events of Itzes, they would experience much worse if they really wanted to become full Holy Knights.

As we entered the cathedral we came into a vast open space filled with rows and rows of church benches. The entire area was lit with massive skylights and the massive room showcased an expensive looking white marble interior.

At the far end of the cathedral hall three giant marble statues stood, they were nearly as tall as the roof of the cathedral itself.

One of the statues was a woman in flowing robes who had a piece of cloth covering her eyes, she wore a kind gentle smile. She had her arms open in a welcoming gesture.

In the middle standing the tallest was a broad chested man whose figure showcased rippling muscle. He had a rough stoic expression on his face and held out a scale in one hand and raised a clenched fist with the other.

The last figure was a thin male who didn't make any grand gestures but only stood in a simple sharp robe with his hood up. He held a book close to his body in one hand. Appearing from within the hood were a pair of cold eyes and a thin smile.

These were the three Holy gods that the Empire worshiped and got their power from. Hema, the gentle god of healing. Justicus, the stoic god of justice and Paragon the cold god of purging. Hema to save, Justicus to judge and Paragon to cleanse.