Festering in sirus.

"In the town of Sirus two weeks had passed since Yule and Julie went to the market, Yule, who had just finished digging a grave wiped some sweat off his forehead and drew his cloak tighter as he felt a cold wind blow through town, winter was appro...

"In the town of Sirus two weeks had passed since Yule and Julie went to the market, Yule, who had just finished digging a grave wiped some sweat off his forehead and drew his cloak tighter as he felt a cold wind blow through town, winter was approaching."

"As Yule got out of the grave and looked towards the large pile of bodies still waiting, he sighed then moved to place a body into the newly dug grave. It was a townsfolk man, he was covered with painful looking blisters and dark purple rashes, his eyes were open bloodshot and his lips were dried and cracked horribly."

"Yule placed the man into the grave thankful for the leather gloves he was wearing as the skin of the man seemed almost paper thin and tore off stickily with just a bit of pressure. Yule began shoveling in dirt and as dirt began to cover up the dead man's face Yule's mind drifted onto the events of the past two weeks."

"First, it had been the elderly."

"There had been a steady increase in elderly deaths, around one a day. The bodies didn't have any odd rashes or blisters and many families stated it only seemed like the common flu. Yule and the families hadn't thought much of it at the time, winter was approaching and nature had its ways to cull the weak."

"Next, it was the children."

"Mothers and fathers would bring their dead toddlers and babies to Yule. Their children who had just recently had a taste for the material world had been snuffed out. Once again, the only signs of anything wrong were coughs and normal flu symptoms in the children. The townsfolk at this time realized a stronger virus must be floating around, they began to distance themselves from each other to protect their young and elderly. Yule who had been worried about Julie had checked on her but luckily she had been fine, he told her not to visit the graveyard any time soon, it was a place where infected bodies went, he didn't want her to get sick."

"Then the first infected adult body showed up."

"Yule had never seen anything like it, the body was covered in blisters that oozed disgusting yellowish liquid. Purple rashes covered the skin and if you touched them the skin would peel away like on a baked tomato. The eyes were always bloodshot and the lips were dry and cracked. The townsfolk had assumed this was a different disease because the symptoms were so different but Yule realized the elderly and young hadn't shown symptoms because they had simply died too quickly for any to form."

"From there the death toll increased day by day."

"More and more bodies showed up in Yules graveyard, some came with families and some were just left there. The townsfolk had begun to shut off from each other, worried about getting infected themselves. Yule presumed it was only a matter of time until he himself got sick too, he was dealing with the infected bodies everyday and even if he wore gloves it could only protect so much. However, it didn't bother him, he should've died back in Itzes, every extra minute was a gift."