A broken blade.

"In a clearing in the woods a hundred soldiers rushed at two individuals on the orders of a grinning mad man

"In a clearing in the woods a hundred soldiers rushed at two individuals on the orders of a grinning mad man. One of the individuals prepared his chants and his spells to unleash a deadly power that would burn his foes to the bone. The other gripped her sword tightly with two hands as she pounced forward ready to slash through the waves of enemies before her. Together they would valiantly serve as a bulwark against the Empire's foes. They should've been scared watching the hundreds rush at them, no matter how powerful they were they could still bleed and die. And yet, they both had a smile plastered on their face, a smile oh so similar to the mad man they fought."

"To some the sound of battle was a song, a song of metal and blood, of pain and death, of the insane and sane. Perhaps they were all insane in a way, in the end, don't the sane seem insane to the insane like how the insane seem insane to the sane, who's to say who the sane one really is..."

-----

Thump. Thump.

I hear my heart beating loudly. Even as I slash through the scarfed soldiers before me I can only hear the thump of my heart beat.

Thump. Thump.

My entire body is drenched with blood, my silver armor and white hair had long since lost their recognizable colors.

I dash quickly around the battlefield as they chase me and try to surround me. I'm experienced in battle, I know that against these numbers if I'm surrounded I'll die, so I always keep moving, always. Even when they catch up and begin to surround me I always break through while the encirclement is weak.

Slicing, cutting, stabbing, bashing, kicking, punching.

I attack with all of my being sparing no effort for dazzling attacks or superficial movements. I understand I have to kill them quickly, there is no room for battlefield dancing here, and I doubt they would be able to appreciate it.

I could move quickly thanks to the enhancement spells from my contract which was allowing me to stay alive for now, but what about Bruckus? He couldn't move quickly, was he still alive?

Ah shit.

I was encircled again. I can't afford to think about anyone else in this circumstance. They encircled me good this time, there's not any specific weak points.

Thump. Thump.

My grin deepens.

Good, good. I quickly ram into the closest wall of scarfed soldiers. It's rash but I trust in my armor. My charge sends them tumbling but even then more jump in to take their place, quickly stabbing at me.

Slash. Slash. Slash. Slash. Slash.

Quickly limbs and heads are severed from their bodies, sliced through like butter as I push through the encirclement. Once again I escape the clutches of the masses, albeit a bit more difficult this time.